Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The Liam Rosenior episode is still up as a podcast. This week, we have Matt Francis of Brighton & Hove Albion Powerchair team, and ambassador for Albion In The Community live in the studio.

Meanwhile, Al is starting a new show on Radio Reverb called 'Move On Up' - an hour of mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz on alternate Saturdays at 7pm, starting December 10. The show is then repeated on the following Wednesday at 1pm and Friday at 11pm. Follow [MENTION=24002]moveon[/MENTION]upbth on Twitter and/or https://www.facebook.com/MoveOnUpBtn/ on Facebook for more info.

MoveOnUpGaye.jpg

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
This week we are delighted to welcome former Albion physio Malcolm Stuart to the studio.

Malcolm had a career with the Albion starting in 1977 & finishing in 2009 and has many a tale to tell.

Tune in tomorrow at 12 on Radio Reverb 97.2fm, online at www.radioreverb.com on DAB or later on our podcast

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Great episode. I never knew until now that Iain Baird deliberately provoked that fight in the last match at the Goldstone to get himself & Donnie's centre-half sent off. Strong work. Happy Christmas Ade and Al.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Great episode. I never knew until now that Iain Baird deliberately provoked that fight in the last match at the Goldstone to get himself & Donnie's centre-half sent off. Strong work. Happy Christmas Ade and Al.

Cheers, fella. We will get Malcolm back soon - he is a mine of great stories.

Happy Christmas to you and our other listener...

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Albion Roar guys, a few years back you had David Burke on the show. He gave an interview that at the time was very interesting to listen to.
Although with hindsight, it appeared that he in fact didn't actually have a clue what he was doing (but spoke a good game)

Have you attempted to or would you attempt to, try and have get a similar show on,in the company of Paul Winstanley?
It would be great to hear from the new head of recruitment (who is obviously better at his Job) but remains very quiet and out of the limelight.
Would make for a great show, although you may struggle to get him before the end of the current transfer window, as I hope he's bloody busy at the moment.

Thanks

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show (11 Feb), we have as our guest former 16 year-old Plymouth fan Richard Vaughan.

Richard, as everyone knows, came up with the original idea for Fans United. So he's heading to Sussex this Friday, is our guest on the show, then guest of the club on Saturday. Hopefully, there'll be a pitchside interview with him at half-time.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am sure I am not alone in how bloody quick 20 years seem to fly by at moments like these, an incredible story when you look back. Especillay the fact that most of us had no internet. I lived in Cambridge at the time but somhow knew every demonstration, campaign and march taking place. What a great day and atmosphere looking back now.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show with Richard Vaughan is now up as a podcast on iTunes and at www.albionroar.co.uk :)

P1070821.JPG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha ha, he's got rid of the hair gel then?! :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show with guest 'Sneaky' George Parris is up as a podcast on iTunes and at www.albionroar.co.uk

Racism, gambling, women's football - and THAT goal.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's show with Marcus Hancocks as guest is up as a podcast.

Three matches, nine points, and we remember Paul Whelch.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This week's show with Marcus Hancocks as guest is up as a podcast.

Three matches, nine points, and we remember Paul Whelch.

This weeks show with Steve and Paul as guests finished with a really nice song - who was the artist & track please? Top show as always, lovely trip down memory lane re: twenty years. Seems like only yesterday mind. We've come a long long way together...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This weeks show with Steve and Paul as guests finished with a really nice song - who was the artist & track please? Top show as always, lovely trip down memory lane re: twenty years. Seems like only yesterday mind. We've come a long long way together...

The closing song was 'To Sir, With Love' by Lulu.

In 1997, 2017 would have seemed an epoch away.
In 2017, 1997 feels like a four-minute song ago.

Monday is going to be emotional, for sure.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Attilla is great value on the Roar. :cheers:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
END OF SEASON LAP OF HONOUR

This week's Albion Roar is the last of the season - and what a season it's been! The best any of us can remember for a long time. Full of great memories, hair-pulling agony, misery (looking at you Marcus Hancocks) and heart-wrecking joy. The headline is... WE DID IT!

And we still get to laugh at Leeds United.

Thank you to everyone who has been on the Roar over the past nine months. Thank you to everyone who has listened in, commented, moaned, whined and complimented us. We're glad you at least listen in!

Thanks to everyone at Radio Reverb for giving us the space and editorial freedom to say what we want and play what we want. And for helping us out with things go wrong...

Thanks to 'the band' (i.e. Marcus Hancocks and Andy Bass) for stepping in when no-one else could come in. Much appreciated.

Thanks to my partner-in-crime for manning the mics, holding the show together, while tripping over the impossible team names Uncle Phil sends him - Ady Packham. Fine work, Sir.

But most of all thanks to our good friends and sponsor - oldfootballshirts.com - who allow us to be on air, lest Reverb take us off for not paying our subs. To [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] and his brother Mark Shelley (ably kept in line by Louise Shelley) - you have our eternal thanks. Blame them, folks - they keep encouraging us, and we keep obliging...

So we're finishing off the season with a competition. To have a chance of winning a fine Art Of Football Anthony Knockaert print T-shirts, listen in to the week's show.

We may well have the occasional show to bring you during the summer, but failing that, we're back in late July / early August, when we'll be broadcasting stuff about a brand new Premier League team.

Happy days.

Cheers, Al

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here