Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim krul

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Krul was excellent last night. Commanded his area, held most of the shots that he reasonably could be expected to hold, came for crosses and got them. "Competition" for Ryan indeed. Based on what I've seen so far, I'd be playing him on Sunday :shrug:

No disrespect to MR or NM, but if agent TK plays on Saturday v Newcastle, surely some sort of insider knowledge :)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Does anyone else find this a bit odd? He was here for a year anyway and is now only on a one year deal. This meant we had used our 2nd loan slot on deadline day and couldn't use it for a striker. I recognise this opens up a slot for a Jan loan signing, but why didn't we do this and pay a fee?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Krul was outstanding last night, great news, I new we always wanted three keepers but it really does ask questions on why we signed Ryan.

One thing I would say is a left footed keeper is hard to get used to, watching him let it role across his body when your brain is telling you he should be kicking it with his right causes some panic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently he was very good last night. I am surprised Newcastle didnt say they would do the deal next Monday, so obviously Benitez doesnt see him as as threat to stop them scoring on Sunday.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Good buy. I think he proved last night that he is a quality goalkeeper. I don't think Ryan's been given enough of a chance yet, but on what I have seen of them both, Krul should easily be the first choice.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Possible number one after his performance last night. Great positioning, handling, good saves and his kicking is very good.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where does this leave Mäenpää ?
Third choice and not even getting a run-out in the meaningless cup games now either ....

I did feel a bit sorry for Mäenpää last night.

Anyway the locals where you are must be buzzing with the Shrews top

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope not fishing. The sooner he is dropped the better. Infact i would be glad if he was moved on.

I like Krul, and if he plays better than either of our other keepers, happy days. Your assessment of Ryan seems rather harsh and unnecessarily early. He let in a soft goal at Leicester and has been pretty much faultless in three matches since. He leads the 'catches' stats of all keepers in the PL. To say you remain to be convinced, would be fair enough. To have decisively written him off, seems stupid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm another who finds the timing odd. It could suggest he's starting on Sunday but at least he's an option for the bench. It could simply be Maenpaa is injured?

Based on what I know of Krul and what I've seen of Ryan I'd start Krul all day long.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I like Krul, and if he plays better than either of our other keepers, happy days. Your assessment of Ryan seems rather harsh and unnecessarily early. He let in a soft goal at Leicester and has been pretty much faultless in three matches since. He leads the 'catches' stats of all keepers in the PL. To say you remain to be convinced, would be fair enough. To have decisively written him off, seems stupid.

Not really. Failed my height test straight away for a keeper. Made howlers in the Amex friendly and then the next two league games thereafter . Weak handling,doesn't command area. Looks weak on crosses. Really doesn't inspire me. If that seems stupid to you i'm not really bothered.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Although I said earlier the timing is odd, it is never the less the right move at the present time. He'll be our number 1 sooner rather than later I think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really. Failed my height test straight away for a keeper. Made howlers in the Amex friendly and then the next two league games thereafter . Weak handling,doesn't command area. Looks weak on crosses. Really doesn't inspire me. If that seems stupid to you i'm not really bothered.

At just over 6 foot, he's an inch taller than Iker Casillas. His height really isn't a huge issue (other than for perception).

I didn't go to the Amex friendly, but yes the goal he conceded in that was really poor. The Dunk header v Man City took him by surprise, but I'll agree it was save-able. The spill against Leicester was also disappointing.

He's then played very well in three straight PL matches, without a single mistake, and a few decent stops. Seems odd timing to be writing him off, that's all.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Surely Newcastle wouldn't allow him to play against us. I'm sure the timing is purely coincidental and that there is a gentlemans agreement that he won't play against them. Newcastle gain absolutely nothing in allowing the deal to be made permanent.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here