Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Use a Man Bag?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I draw the line just before looking at one in a shop.

I'm with [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] - a wallet is all you need.

I think a wallet is for those too scared to take the plunge. They want the convenience of a man bag but are too worried about the ridicule they think it might attract. It's like those men who are asked to carry their wife's handbag for a few minutes while they do something. They wouldn't dream of just casually slinging it over their shoulder as that might declare full ownership. Instead they hold it at arms length self-consciously employing every piece of body language they can think of to give out the message that the bag doesn't actually belong to them.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Yes! I started when I was living in France and have not changed since returning to the UK. I have no interest in what other people think.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yes - a brown messenger bag made from hand cut Scottish leather. Necessity to have one to carry laptop, chargers and any documentation needed for cross site working plus useful to carry any snacks. Always avoid having to take it to football though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What do you put in them ? Your make up?

Cash , credit card and phone . Wallet and pocket are ample for that .

But I feel I'm missing out so what are the LADS of today carrying in these man bags ? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I've got a black New Balance one. Handy for wallet, keys, phone and camera.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes I use a man bag for sandwiches, my kindle reader and a small flask of tea. Use it for work and also take it to football. Very handy for drinks for my kids and a few packets of crisps etc. I don't see what the big deal is, it is a very useful thing!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was a very early user of the man bag from my early twenties over 30 years ago. I never worried what people thought but then again my bag of choice at that time didn't cast any aspersions on my sexuality but even if it had I wouldn't have cared. My very first man bag was an army surplus shoulder bag so it had quite masculine connotations being army related. You could get them in sand coloured for ex army or light blue for ex airforce. I used to love army surplus stores. I also wore a green full length, all in one flying suit in the late 70s/early 80s which perfectly complimented my man bag.
web-haversack-lge-2_grande.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes. Yes I do.

The current model is orange, cotton twill. I have a large one and a smaller one for everyday use.

Some of my less enlightened 'friends' attempt to take the piss. I could not give a tiny shit what they think.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was a very early user of the man bag from my early twenties over 30 years ago. I never worried what people thought but then again my bag of choice at that time didn't cast any aspersions on my sexuality but even if it had I wouldn't have cared. My very first man bag was an army surplus shoulder bag so it had quite masculine connotations being army related. You could get them in sand coloured for ex army or light blue for ex airforce. I used to love army surplus stores. I also wore a green full length, all in one flying suit in the late 70s/early 80s which perfectly complimented my man bag.
View attachment 88650

Sweet bag [emoji161]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes. Yes I do.

The current model is orange, cotton twill. I have a large one and a smaller one for everyday use.

Some of my less enlightened 'friends' attempt to take the piss. I could not give a tiny shit what they think.

What do you carry in it that you need such a big bag out of interest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here