Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Did anyone see Knockeart on Tuesday night?

Not sure I'd be playing him, would be surprised to see him starting Saturday.

Looked stressed as hell. Nearly headbutted the lino for nothing. He's a worry for me. Not sure his head is 100%

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Could AK feel a bit under pressure of not being our 'star player' now Izqueirdo's here? Up to him to outshine JI.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Looked stressed as hell. Nearly headbutted the lino for nothing. He's a worry for me. Not sure his head is 100%

Your head wouldn't be 100% either if you felt a few reducers from L2 Barnet who had no intention of playing the ball. I thought he'd done his ankle again to be honest, feared the worst as he limped off.

Could AK feel a bit under pressure of not being our 'star player' now Izqueirdo's here? Up to him to outshine JI.

Blimey, no pressure on the new guy then. Just has to live up to AK in one match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I rate Knockaert, I just think March is the better of the 2 especially now we're in a faster league. The problem with AK is he likes to beat his man after already beating him. He then becomes a bit predictable and limited. He needs to be much more direct like March if he's to suit the Prem. AK certainly has the skill and talent to play at the highest level, the rest we'll have to wait and see.

BIg Big shout that is.

As good as March could be, AK is still a long way ahead in all aspects of wing play for me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your head wouldn't be 100% either if you felt a few reducers from L2 Barnet who had no intention of playing the ball. I thought he'd done his ankle again to be honest, feared the worst as he limped off.

Blimey, no pressure on the new guy then. Just has to live up to AK in one match.

I agree. The ref was giving Knocky nothing, and he was being kicked up in the air. He was hobbling badly at one point, and didn't seem interested in playing for next ten minutes, kicked again and that's when he lost it. I was upset that he had a go at the linesman, but not surprised.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we will be able to give AK time to fully recover before throwing him again at Bournemouth after the kicking he was getting from the Barnet brutes who couldnt catch him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did, he was as usual our most attacking threat when on the pitch.
I would be staggered if he did not start

By his high standards, I didn't think he attacked the full back, didn't get a cross in, didn't really take anyone on, had a fantastic chance though that he pretty much made himself, but I thought his pace wasn't quite there and I wondered if his frustration is coming from knowing that he is quite there with his fitness yet. Just my thoughts really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By his high standards, I didn't think he attacked the full back, didn't get a cross in, didn't really take anyone on, had a fantastic chance though that he pretty much made himself, but I thought his pace wasn't quite there and I wondered if his frustration is coming from knowing that he is quite there with his fitness yet. Just my thoughts really.

Due to the injury in Austria he missed the pre season friendlies, so you're probably right.
As he was getting kicked about, there is also the psychological factor of missing out on games again.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I rate Knockaert, I just think March is the better of the 2 especially now we're in a faster league. The problem with AK is he likes to beat his man after already beating him. He then becomes a bit predictable and limited. He needs to be much more direct like March if he's to suit the Prem. AK certainly has the skill and talent to play at the highest level, the rest we'll have to wait and see.

That is a crazy post. Crazy, and justifies this > :lolol:

March isn't close to being as good as Knockaert. He's a good player, no question. But he rarely impacts a game as much as Knockaert does.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

March isn't close to being as good as Knockaert. He's a good player, no question. But he rarely impacts a game as much as Knockaert does.

What on earth?

Have you not been aware of the progress March has made for us recently? He seems to go from strength to strength. He's getting in the England u21's and he's starting for us in the Prem. How you can say March isn't close to being as good as Knockaert, is ridiculous! I'd say March and Dunk are probably our 2 most expensive assets. I'm sure there's some big clubs watching them. Even against Man City when we were awful, McManaman commentating was speaking very highly of March, highlighting how relaxed he looks compared to the rest of our team.

I'm assuming you were one of those fans who used to claim March was crap a few years ago when it seemed a lot of fans didn't rate him. How else can you make such an outrageous claim about such an exciting prospect?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

But when he does he DOES. Birmingham away?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

AK's input away from The Amex tends to be much reduced than at home generally. I would say March has had some good 'uns away in recent times.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What on earth?

Have you not been aware of the progress March has made for us recently? He seems to go from strength to strength. He's getting in the England u21's and he's starting for us in the Prem. How you can say March isn't close to being as good as Knockaert, is ridiculous! I'd say March and Dunk are probably our 2 most expensive assets. I'm sure there's some big clubs watching them. Even against Man City when we were awful, McManaman commentating was speaking very highly of March, highlighting how relaxed he looks compared to the rest of our team.

I'm assuming you were one of those fans who used to claim March was crap a few years ago when it seemed a lot of fans didn't rate him. How else can you make such an outrageous claim about such an exciting prospect?

You said "March is the better of the two".
He said "March isn't close to being as good".

The truth lies somewhere in between as always. It's abit hard to argue against AK being the better player (but not by much) off the back of the season he just had. He is also a finished article more or less, March still has some space yet.

Hopefully they both start and Izquierdo gets some minutes.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As much as he influenced that game, it was AK's first time finish (from Solly's cross) and his assist from the corner that won it.

I'm not saying he's better than Knocky...yet. But they are a lot closer than you are suggesting, imo.

Solly changed the game at Brum. No question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here