Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Position Decider

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Can't be dealing with a pre-play-off play-off.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So if its a play off before the play offs it would seem play Saturday away at Boro then play Tuesday/Wednesday before the actual play off for the loser on Friday/Saturday. This would seem to disadvantage the loser of the pre play off play off as their opponents will have had longer to rest and prepare.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How about a race around a neutral ground between Dyche and CH?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can you imagine? We could lose what could essentially be a play off final vs boro. We could then lose a play off to burnley and then lose the actual play off final. If that happens then it might be time to give football a break!

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
So if its a play off before the play offs it would seem play Saturday away at Boro then play Tuesday/Wednesday before the actual play off for the loser on Friday/Saturday. This would seem to disadvantage the loser of the pre play off play off as their opponents will have had longer to rest and prepare.

That's a very good point and it's not as if it wouldn't be a draining game, could even go extra time and pens ... players would be knackered. They should change it so that if teams finish joint 2nd they both go up and playoffs cancelled.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How about a race around a neutral ground between Dyche and CH?
Or a singing competition (no Motorhead or Tom Waits allowed). Or decided on who's got the best hair. Or a "whose face looks least like a slapped arse?" contest.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Or a singing competition (no Motorhead or Tom Waits allowed). Or decided on who's got the best hair. Or a "whose face looks least like a slapped arse?" contest.
Or a spoof of the World's Hardest Creature final between CH and Dyche? As in "Championship's Most Successful Manager with the Best Defending Career"

Is there any combination of results and scores that would result in the top THREE clubs finishing in equal top place? If so, how is the promotion outcome settled?

My preference would be a one-off play-off game on a triangular pitch, with three goalposts and 33 players on the pitch.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Is there any combination of results and scores that would result in the top THREE clubs finishing in equal top place? If so, how is the promotion outcome settled?

My preference would be a one-off play-off game on a triangular pitch, with three goalposts and 33 players on the pitch.

Sadly (or maybe happily) no there isn't. If we (and/or Burnley) were to finish level on points with Boro, the number of wins would be different.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Our record v Burnley (points earned at home or away, versus a top 10 team, bottom 10 team, 4-0, 5-0 type wins vs 1 goal wins) is now remarkably similar. We've both had a 3-0 thrashing from a top 6 team (hull for them, boro for us) , we've both thrashed Bristol 4-0. and now we both have er, the same points.

burnleybrighton.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

No, because Boro have a better head-to-head against Burnley so would finish above them.

Boro 1-0 Burnley
Burnley 1-1 Boro

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I believe I previously read that if more than two teams have the same pts, gd and gs, it then goes to a mini-league. If it were us three, our poor result v Boro currently puts us below Burnley.

Hypothetically, if all three had same pts, gd and gs in a mini-league, I think there might be another round of games between us.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Wouldn't it be ironic if it went down to goals scored! As we stayed in the league all those years ago, when it was goals scored and not goal difference! :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, we could get automatic promotion after a play-off?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I know we drew both games with Burnley but they should do it on "count back".
So over the 180 mins of the two games, what was the score after 170 mins
Ah yes, 3-2 to the nancy boys !
So we go up ....

Definitely won't be away goals count double - our league don't like that European nonsense.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If:

Albion 3-0 Derby
Boro 1-0 Albion

Burnley 2-4 QPR
Charlton 2-3 Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here