Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Moses

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both AK and Solly have blown hot but mostly cold this season and if we can sign a replacement for either or both at a sensible price that potentially could be more consistent then I say lets go for it. It is about upgrading and increasing the ability all round of the team not individuals.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With both Solly and Monsieur Sulky having somewhat disappointing seasons, maybe their positions in the squad need to be questioned too. It's no good relying on sentiment, we are in the Premier League now and hopefully will remain there for next season, we need to be ruthless when necessary.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Both AK and Solly have blown hot but mostly cold this season and if we can sign a replacement for either or both at a sensible price that potentially could be more consistent then I say lets go for it. It is about upgrading and increasing the ability all round of the team not individuals.

But we need four wingers and, assuming Skalak goes, we only have three. Letting either Knockaert or March go leaves us needing two new wingers. I think we'll sign a new first choice winger in the summer but Knockaert and March will stay as back up to him and Izquierdo.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All this talk of multiple winger sales and signings suggests that Ahannach has no future at the albion when his loan finishes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But we need four wingers and, assuming Skalak goes, we only have three. Letting either Knockaert or March go leaves us needing two new wingers. I think we'll sign a new first choice winger in the summer but Knockaert and March will stay as back up to him and Izquierdo.

Always presuming both Knockaert and March are happy to be back up players of course. Maybe it's just me, but l can't see Knocky being prepared to be second fiddle to anybody. When Leicester signed Mahrez a few seasons ago, he found himself in precisely that position, and quickly decided to leave.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Always presuming both Kno kaert and March are happy to be back up players of course. Maybe it's just me, but l can't see Knocky being prepared to be second fiddle to anybody.r

Fair point. Depends what they say to him. He is a confident player so he may not see it as playing second fiddle, more as a challenge to improve and get his place back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All this talk of multiple winger sales and signings suggests that Ahannach has no future at the albion when his loan finishes.

The forgotten man. Seems to happen so often, Albion sign a player 'for the future', leave him in the Development Squad, or farm him out on loan, and we never see him again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I may be wrong but I do not see AK as a player prepared to fight for a place in the starting XI more as one who expects to be the first name on the team sheet.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That is probably correct but all the papers are referring to him as Simon Moses but you being pedantic and wanting to try to show you are more intelligent are not prepared to accept that posters will do the same. Just live and let live. You and everybody else knew full well who the poster was talking about.
I don't, even with the full name mentioned I've never heard of him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair point. Depends what they say to him. He is a confident player so he may not see it as playing second fiddle, more as a challenge to improve and get his place back.

Confident or confidence? He seems to be at his best when he is playing for a winning team. He was very much our talisman last season, the star man in the side when we were putting everyone to the sword.

This season when we are having to defend much more, and he hasn't been in the limelight it has been very different. I have my doubts about his willingness to knuckle down and get on with things. I hope l'm wrong though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

All this talk of multiple winger sales suggests the posters selling wingers really don't have a clue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I may be wrong but I do not see AK as a player prepared to fight for a place in the starting XI more as one who expects to be the first name on the team sheet.

Yes, when things don't go his way, rather than trying to put things right, there seems to be a tendency for him to sulk, or disappear from a game. In short. he seems to want things his own way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With both Solly and Monsieur Sulky having somewhat disappointing seasons, maybe their positions in the squad need to be questioned too. It's no good relying on sentiment, we are in the Premier League now and hopefully will remain there for next season, we need to be ruthless when necessary.

No they haven't.
We're you to have written frustrating seasons then I'd agree with you, but neither have been disappointing.

Perhaps neither have lived up to unrealistic expectations heaped upon them 10 months ago, but that's hardly their fault, is it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
4 pages and nobody has asked if he can play at left back.Standards are slipping!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The forgotten man. Seems oto happen so often, Albion sign a player 'for the future', leave him in the Development Squad, or farm him out on loan, and we never see him again.

Has this not happened with Tyler Hornby-Forbes and Ales Mateju both signed as right backs about the same time or just before Schellotto I know nothing about Simon Moses and his ability but like the idea of always striving to improve the squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No they haven't.
We're you to have written frustrating seasons then I'd agree with you, but neither have been disappointing.

Perhaps neither have lived up to unrealistic expectations heaped upon them 10 months ago, but that's hardly their fault, is it?

Nobody is saying that it is their fault. At the moment l'm simply not sure that Solly is strong enough either in strength or stamina to warrant many starts ijn the Premier League, and with Knockaert, as l have alluded in other posts, l do question his temprament either when the team are having to defend for their lives, or when things don't go his way.

I have my opinion, you have yours, that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
AK needs to be consistent not the odd good game in five which he is at the moment
Solly needs to sort his final ball out as he wasted it a few times on Saturday and games previous to that
So I’m in for a new winger

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nobody is saying that it is their fault. At the moment l'm simply not sure that Solly is strong enough either in strength or stamina to warrant many starts ijn the Premier League, and with Knockaert, as l have alluded in other posts, l do question his temprament either when the team are having to defend for their lives, or when things don't go his way.

I have my opinion, you have yours, that doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

I think he was giving his opinion too

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But I'm right, you're wrong :lol:

I'm not sure what else either of them have to do.
Both have, on occasion, shown themselves to be perfectly comfortable in this division, certainly in the half the Albion inhabit.

As said both (all 3 wingers) have also been very frustrating, which is only to be expected for the first season in the Premier League.
My point is neither have been disappointing, certainly not to the extent that the club should offload one or both, leaving the squad with 1 Premier League experienced winger and at least 2 newbies who may or may not bring a whole new meaning to the word disappointed.

Another quality signing to replace Skalak is the only requirement on the wing, from then in 6 to 12 months time the club would be in a better position to review Solly and AK, certainly not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here