• £16m+

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I would not sell him now for all the money in the world

Votes: 23 10.2%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Need a bit of realism here....
He wasn't in the top 3 best performers last season and he doesn't score very often.Yes he's a great player with great potential but he's in the last year of his contract and he's a central midfielder not a striker or winger of whom go for the bigger bucks.

I'd say 6/7 million is ample although I really don't like losing key players on the last day without an adequate replacement as this will destroy our season as our other central midfielders are not good enough .

I'm sure he'll be off tonight or tomorrow and we will wait til Jan to get a replacement sadly!!!!

Brighton have turned down a 7 million bid this afternoon.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/147...er_for_midfield_ace_from_Burnley/?ref=mr&lp=3

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The buying clubs have left it too late.

Should have bid sensibly 3-4 weeks ago.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I still think he'll go, and whilst a different style midfielder, Norwood has been brought in as his potential replacement. I'd rather DS stayed and his partnership with Kayal got back to what it was, but I think it's gone too far and we'll end up taking around 8m for him(if the reported figures are close to the truth)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Club have also deliberately started to quote that they are losing £1.5m a month in various bits of comms in the last couple of months.

They're just copying various posts I've made on NSC for the last few months. The loss of £10.4 million in 2015 is AFTER registering a gain of £8.7 million on the sale of Ulloa and Buckley. There were no such disposals in the year ended June 2016.

image.png

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How much would it take for you to give Dale a one-way lift up to Burnley, waiving the petrol costs, letting him choose the music and stopping for some sweets and crisps at the motorway services?

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] at the start of last season would happily have drove him anywhere for free *chuckle*

To answer the question 15m or tell them to do one.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Spoke to Burnley STH at work and the natives are incredibly restless with the club and their incredibly poor approach to this and other signings. They are flabbergasted at how tight the owners are being considering all the tv money and fact the club have posted a profit two years running.

I reckon it'll be £9m or Stevens is staying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spoke to Burnley STH at work and the natives are incredibly restless with the club and their incredibly poor approach to this and other signings. They are flabbergasted at how tight the owners are being considering all the tv money and fact the club have posted a profit two years running.
Their penny pinching does seem counter productive. If they want to keep making a profit, they need to stay in the PL and they won't do it like this. It took them 4 bids to get to £5.5m! Given that we've just spent something towards £4m for Duffy, we're hardly going to let Stephens go for a similar amount are we :rolleyes:

Idiots.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Burnley bid around £3m for Hendricks from Derby. Got turned down & came after Stephens for £1m less. They were turned down and went back with an increased offer for Hendricks. Repeat this several times until Hull step in for Hendricks and they finally up their bid to more than £10m and it looks like they've got him.
If they do still want Stephens their next bid has to be at a similar level. No more cheapskating.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here