Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What if they pretend to be a duck ? Can we eat them then ?

Dog Duck.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
25 pages? The English really are a nation of dog lovers, it seems. I'm tempted to make a flippant comment, but it would probably not be apreciated.

Personally I was more outraged by today's story about ISIL crucifying a couple of kids for eating during a period when the Koran suggests this should be avoided (unless you need to eat, as it happens, but what's in a detail?). That's: up on a cross untill dead. Spare me the Chinese dog eating outrage . . . .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
25 pages? The English really are a nation of dog lovers, it seems. I'm tempted to make a flippant comment, but it would probably not be apreciated.

Personally I was more outraged by today's story about ISIL crucifying a couple of kids for eating during a period when the Koran suggests this should be avoided (unless you need to eat, as it happens, but what's in a detail?). That's: up on a cross untill dead. Spare me the Chinese dog eating outrage . . . .

It is possible to care about more than one issue you know, they are not mutually exclusive

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a meat eater you're in no position to judge anyone's treatment of animals, dogs or otherwise Uncs.

I am and I have. I draw a distinction between the meat I eat and Dog meat being prepared by a bloke with a blowtorch burning the Dog whilst alive with it's mouth tied up, the look of terror it it's eyes with live with me forever

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So you're never going to be unhappy about anything ever again, unless it's on a level of putting children on a cross to die. That's an unusual way to live your life for sure. At least you'll never complain about football I guess.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you're never going to be unhappy about anything ever again, unless it's on a level of putting children on a cross to die. That's an unusual way to live your life for sure. At least you'll never complain about football I guess.

This, it was a truly absurd statement and quite insulting as if people who hate this Dog torture and eating festival are having a right old laugh at the antics of ISIL

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I am and I have. I draw a distinction between the meat I eat and Dog meat being prepared by a bloke with a blowtorch burning the Dog whilst alive with it's mouth tied up, the look of terror it it's eyes with live with me forever

Meat is murder, end of. You can't have it both ways, conveniently ignoring the abhorrent and cruel process that brings you your nice little package of meat that you can buy at your convenience in your local supermarket, all the chopping done for you, all the unsightly blood washed off. It's cruel and it's murder whether it's a cow/dog/lamb and their eyes are bulging or not. People are perfectly welcome to their choice to eat meat, but don't bleat on about the cruel murder of dogs and then go and sit down to eat a steak and think that you're not endorsing murder in your own socially acceptable way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meat is murder, end of. You can't have it both ways, conveniently ignoring the abhorrent and cruel process that brings you your nice little package of meat that you can buy at your convenience in your local supermarket, all the chopping done for you, all the unsightly blood washed off. It's cruel and it's murder whether it's a cow/dog/lamb and their eyes are bulging or not. People are perfectly welcome to their choice to eat meat, but don't bleat on about the cruel murder of dogs and then go and sit down to eat a steak and think that you're not endorsing murder in your own socially acceptable way.

The meat I eat is not produced by torturing, burning and skinning alive the Animal, can you not see the difference ?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The meat I eat is not produced by torturing, burning and skinning alive the Animal, can you not see the difference ?

I find the whole thing abhorrent, but then I find the murder of any living creature abhorrent and while the animal on your plate might not have been tortured they are subjected to processes that any right thinking person would consider abhorrent and unacceptable, but it's convenient for people to choose not to know about that or educate themselves on it because ignorance suits their purpose and allows them to continue consuming meat free of guilt.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Move me to "Other Stuff"....woof...woof...

I am sure there are things we do that the Chinese don't agree with....get over it...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, don't get me started on the dairy industry and it's unsavoury byproducts.
Fair enough. Personally I'm ok with eating meat, I'd just like the laws to be stricter on animal welfare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here