Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa tickets

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Seatwave have a policy of not selling to fans who do not have a previous purchase history with Aston Villa, then surely they should decline the transaction at the outset before putting it through. I don't see how they can possibly justify taking the money, and then keep hold of it when they (retrospectively) investigate if the buyer has a purchase history. And as [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] says, they've then got a ticket that they can sell on AGAIN. What a snide little racket.

If I'd been affected by that, I'd be straight on to Trading Standards.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I've emailed them politely thanking them for advising me in good time but saying that I do not recall such a warning when I made the transaction and requesting a refund. No point getting irate about it just yet!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you paid with credit card it should be easier to cancel it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This actually looks like it's Aston Villa themselves orchestrating this as they're the ticket sellers , seatwave are not the ticket sellers just the agent you purchased them through , and probably the answer you will get when you ask for the dosh back , :wanker: s

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There is a message on the Seatwave page now, "IMPORTANT NOTICE – TICKETS FOR THE BIRMINGHAM CITY AND BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION GAMES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED BY ASTON VILLA FANS WHO MEET THE CLUBS BOOKING CRITERIA OF HAVING PREVIOUS BOOKING HISTORY, IDENTIFIABLE ON THEIR DATABASE.

IF YOU BUY BIRMINGHAM CITY OR BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION TICKETS AND DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA YOUR TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND."

This definitely only mentioned Birmingham City a few days ago.

https://www.seatwave.com/aston-vill...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP_SloC-wtMCFRMx0wodWGcPBQ

Why are they giving terms and conditions for a Birmingham game? We're playing Aston Villa, therefore their warning isn't valid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are they giving terms and conditions for a Birmingham game? We're playing Aston Villa, therefore their warning isn't valid.

Birmingham and BHA are Villas last 2 home games. They've lumped our T&C's together (although from what people are saying, it appears it might not have mentioned BHA at the outset in this statement, just Birmingham)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know that but doesn't the inaccurate information go against their warning?

Sounds like they have added 'Brighton' to the statement more recently. Maybe didn't think it was going to be an issue for our game but have noticed all the Sussex postcodes on purchases perhaps.

Struggling to see how they will refuse to give refunds to those they are not now going to supply with tickets bought in good faith - particularly if the 'Brighton' bit was added after tickets had been purchased.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sounds like they have added 'Brighton' to the statement more recently. Maybe didn't think it was going to be an issue for our game but have noticed all the Sussex postcodes on purchases perhaps.

Struggling to see how they will refuse to give refunds to those they are not now going to supply with tickets bought in good faith - particularly if the 'Brighton' bit was added after tickets had been purchased.

Your second paragraph was the point I was trying to make, albeit clumsily.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I went on that site the week we had our allocation and there wasn't any warning whatsoever......fortunately I didn't buy one and hope those that have get a refund ASAP...free of any admin charge!!!!

Joe Punter

Persistent fouler
Jan 31, 2012
Phoenix Brewery
Dear Sir/Madam

We note that you have recently purchased tickets for the Aston Villa V Brighton & Hove Albion fixture through our official resale partner, Seatwave.

During our security checks we have noticed that you are either Brighton member/ticket purchaser or are registered on their database or you have no previous booking history with Aston Villa for a game which is on restricted sale.

As such we are unable to provide you tickets for this game as we are not allowing sales to anyone who has not purchased tickets with Aston Villa previously.

Prior to us making this decision, every effort has been made to find you on our database which contains full details of all ticket purchasers for every game dating back to 1998.

If you have moved address since you last purchased with us it may be that you do possess the requisite booking history required. If this is the case please contact us via return email with your old address information so that we can update your details and issue your tickets. If you do have previous booking history please contact us ahead of the game as we will not be processing tickets on the day of the game.

As per the Seatwave website disclaimer:

Aston Villa Tickets

Tickets are for Aston Villa supporters only and are sold in home areas of the ground. Aston Villa retain the right to refuse to sanction any sale should they suspect the purchaser to be an away supporter and will share data with other Championship clubs in order to verify all transactions.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – TICKETS FOR THE BRIGHTON CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED BY ASTON VILLA FANS WHO MEET THE CLUBS BOOKING CRITERIA OF HAVING PREVIOUS BOOKING HISTORY, IDENTIFIABLE ON THEIR DATABASE.
IF YOU BUY BRIGHTON TICKETS AND DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA YOUR TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.
Seatwave is the official resale partner for Aston Villa FC for the 2016/17 Championship season. We bring you a way to sell your season tickets, a way to buy tickets, plus access to exclusive ticket presales. If you’re a season ticket holder and are unable to go to a match then you can sell your ticket through us. A season ticket can be a massive commitment, so the flexibility to sell your ticket for any game you can’t attend can certainly make things easier. Through our platform your ticket will only go to other Aston Villa fans, so you can rest assured your seat will be filled by someone else from the Claret and Blue Army

Kind regards,

Aston Villa
Consumer Sales

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I went on that site the week we had our allocation and there wasn't any warning whatsoever......fortunately I didn't buy one and hope those that have get a refund ASAP...free of any admin charge!!!!

Unbelievable, I weighed up getting them from Seatwave, even had them in my basket, and DEFINITELY no warnings about previous purchase history or any caveats. They cannot get away with not refunding. Wish I had taken a screen shot now.

From the SEATWAVE site:

VERIFIED TICKETS

In addition to our standard terms and conditions the following applies to any Aston Villa ticket purchased through Seatwave - All tickets purchased through Seatwave for Aston Villa FC matches are for use strictly by HOME FANS ONLY. Aston Villa retain the right to refuse to sanction any sale should they suspect the purchaser to be an away supporter and will share data with other premier league clubs in order to verify all transaction.

Wouldn't it be more helpful if they shared data with Championship clubs? :shrug: :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting. Essentially this is the Villa ticket exchange. Hope we don't start using it.......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here