Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Why is it possible? They have said they favour the one for one system as presumably that will avoid making a lot of other changes to exits, concourses etc and the consequent legal battle to get the capacity increased.

As for cost, anyone who wants to stand should pay the premium for the privilege of doing so.
It wouldn't be a privilege. It would be a right. For everyone.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why the **** should I pay for some nostalgic trip for a minority. Charge the £166 to the 3000 that want to stand on top of their entrance fee.

It's not a nostalgic trip and it's not for a minority. It's for everyone, whether they want to stand or not. Other than that, good post.

D

Deleted member 2719

Just watched the whole forum, my thoughts are:

1) Paul Barber seems a very open guy and i like his relaxed persona.
2) Go large on the seating all the North.
3) The chunk of money what Paul talks about would be an investments because it would be worth a few extra points every year because of the atmosphere and probably bring back a few jaded fans.
4) I would be happy to pay extra and i might even BUY my daughter her 7th birthday replica shirt, which should have been a gift.
5) The only negative i can see is it being sold out by those greedy northstanders and therefore not letting any fans from the larger west, east and south west stand to get a space in it.:(

Basically lets go for it.:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. Does the club have the same attitude for the Transport Management Plan - one which everyone pays for irrespective of whether you use it or not?

2. We - the club and the fans - would all benefit, though mostly through intangibles, from safe standing.

3. What about those who would want to be in the safe standing area once in a while (cup matches)? How would they get stung?

My suggestion was part club / part fans. A one-off figure of say £12 wouldn't be so horrific for the greater good.

#Together

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

1) I'd have thought you knew the answer to that? And yes it's quite unfair on those who get a coach & have to pay for others to get cheap travel so it's bad enough as it is - good point raised :thumbsup:

2) Yes I'd like to see it but wouldn't want to pay for it as won't be using it.

3) That's just petty!

I wouldn't mind paying something like £12 but find it odd the club have suggested it would be anything but them paying. It's their stadium and they need to do what they can to satisfy supporters' needs. I hope everyone who attends these fans meetings don't accept everything he club suggests - notably MORE season ticket rises. It's happened too much in the last 6 years as it is.

PS - Did they say how Celtic funded theirs? I bet the club paid or it... (Ive not checked so could be wrong)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
4) I would be happy to pay extra and i might even BUY my daughter her 7th birthday replica shirt, which should have been a gift.
:

:lol: :clap2: Brilliant!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
My suggestion was part club / part fans. A one-off figure of say £12 wouldn't be so horrific for the greater good.
Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

As was mine. Seems reasonable for the fans who enjoy the experience of standing to contribute financially.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1) I'd have thought you knew the answer to that? And yes it's quite unfair on those who get a coach & have to pay for others to get cheap travel so it's bad enough as it is - good point raised :thumbsup:

2) Yes I'd like to see it but wouldn't want to pay for it as won't be using it.

3) That's just petty!

I wouldn't mind paying something like £12 but find it odd the club have suggested it would be anything but them paying. It's their stadium and they need to do what they can to satisfy supporters' needs. I hope everyone who attends these fans meetings don't accept everything he club suggests - notably MORE season ticket rises. It's happened too much in the last 6 years as it is.

PS - Did they say how Celtic funded theirs? I bet the club paid or it... (Ive not checked so could be wrong)

1. the Coaches are subsidised too. Seagulls Travel get a contribution towards the running costs from the travel subsidy.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Certainly happy to pay extra on my ST should safe standing be introduced but the club should see this as a benefit for them as well and not throw all the cost of it on the fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club said last night that Celtic paid around £166 per space.

At that rate 3,000 seats would costs just shy of £500,000.

Split that cost equally among 23,000 STHs, and that would amount to £21.65 each.

A lot of those 23,000 STHs are concessions, such as pensioners and children. Why should they pay the same as people earning a wage?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. the Coaches are subsidised too. Seagulls Travel get a contribution towards the running costs from the travel subsidy.

I know that but was hoping he didn't :lol:

Not sure about our independent coach though. It was said it would be subsidised at the start 5 yrs ago but whether it is or not I'm not sure. I'd guess it's nowhere near as subsidised as the cost of a train ticket from day Eastbourne. But you win some you lose some it's not really an issue for me but should only go as far as the travel - not things like safe standing for a few k IMO...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PS They had better make a quick decision her birthday is in two weeks.:eek:
[MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] will buy you one - he seems good at spending others' money ;) (joke Alan)

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Just completed survey. Suggested it was funded by premier league prize money ;-)

D

Deleted member 2719

It seems that it is only a few posters on here who want standing but the other 25000 or so supporters dont.
Blimey BG with your super fast guess-a-poll, PB shouldn't have wasted his time.

I 'm in but I do understand a few geezer types may want to sit but not 25k surely???

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Sorry PB,the old fashioned way to finance this would be (And mountains of problems to overcome for sure) is to increase the capacity of that area,not having your own space/seat ,charging less than elsewhere in the stadium.leaving enough to cover the investment .To pay the same....or more for a rail seat in the north west corner,IMO is a difficult sell..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here