Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 weeks to get through....

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If that was a 'shop window' appearance for Lua Lua then it looks like we're stuck with him. I think his best days with us are behind him-he added nothing last night.

He played for about 20 minutes, in which time he got to the line and delivered two excellent crosses, and managed to get 2 defenders booked (should have been three, but the final one was so late in injury time the ref couldn't be bothered).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We need a striker, urgently.
When Murray went off we were every bit as bad as last October to December

I think we could do with one more, but I don't think last night was comparable with Oct to Dec, as we were 3-0 up and absolutely coasting. It was ALWAYS going to be a dull final 20 mins.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I think we could do with one more, but I don't think last night was comparable with Oct to Dec, as we were 3-0 up and absolutely coasting. It was ALWAYS going to be a dull final 20 mins.

Ok, I'll be less kind.
Hemed was every bit as blunt as last Oct to Dec for 89 minutes (excellent pen, obviously)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed . But why assumption on this thread that because Albion haven't completed their business by Aug 17th then they've given up hope of strengthening the squad with the 2 positions they say they need. By this logic no other club will buy any decent players they've been targeting in the remaining 2 weeks either.

Agreed. And I'm not making that assumption...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I hope the pen gives Hemed confidence as he's been poor up till now.

All about opinions, but personally feel that's a very harsh call. Hemed's link play has been excellent. Missed a big chance just after Murray's goal last night, but decent again all round.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I once heard the phrase 'strengthen from a position of strength'. The way we have started, the squad we have, the vibe around the club... TB must feel like we just need that last ingredient to push us over the line.

At this stage, I hope we won't be accepting any offers. A club could offer 20m+ for knockaert but what would that do for us? What 10m+ replacement winger would want to come to us on our kind of wages? AK is a cut above your standard championship winger, he changes games, even last night his goal came out of nowhere. Selling him for any price would literally be taking us down 20% as a promotion contender.

I'm more concerned about Dunk, who is absolutely top drawer. Could be the finished article we see of him this season and that is an exciting prospect.

Stephens is a constant concern, who for me is our best midfielder when match fit.

If we hang on to these 3 (and BK but I think that's a given) AND strengthen with an exciting no.10 and cover at CB, then I legitimately feel we'll be going up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here