Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed and Murray

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
We will need all our strikers this year for different occasions to be promoted
I like the Tomer and Murray partnership. They occupy CBs all game, they compete for every high ball, close down, battle back, run channels and both have good movement. 70 mins against those 2 and then pop Baldock on with his movement will leave scenes like tonight when late on we looked fantastic on the break. Tonight Murray takes the plaudits and rightly so. Other times it will be Tomer, Baldock and whoever the other signing maybe. Nice to have options though. Great result tonight

Agreed. They lacked a bit of cohesion at times tonight and it'll take a few games for them to gel but they'll both have big roles to play for us this season along with Baldock and AN Other. It was a shame that Tomer didn't get the confidence boost of a goal with his sliding touch that almost went in. We saw last season that Hemed can get frustrated during a lean spell but it's very early days yet. You can't fault his effort and work rate. A couple of Glenn's first touches were heavy and he overhit a few early passes. But, boy, what a second half performance. They both look very powerful, cause problems for the opposition and I'm sure they'll both feature heavily for us this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God some people are so fickle, Baldock was useless according to a lot of people on here last season, and here we are just two games into a new season, and all of a sudden he is the answer to all our striking 'problems' up front!

Baldock isn't the answer, because he can't be trusted to be available.
Baldock's attributes as a player are the answer to all our striking problems, hence an £8m bid for Pilchard.

Last night was 60 minutes of huffing and puffing, one dimensional, predictable forward play from 2 players who desperately wanted to occupy the same piece of the pitch.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
God some people are so fickle, Baldock was useless according to a lot of people on here last season, and here we are just two games into a new season, and all of a sudden he is the answer to all our striking 'problems' up front!

Baldock is the best option we have to partner Murray. That doesn't mean he is the answer to all our striking problems because he doesn't have the composure to finish his chances consistently enough.

As for the Murray vs Hemed debate, I think Murray will be a more frequent goalscorer, last season Hemed seemed to go on streaks of scoring then the goals dried up for 4 or 5 games.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If we keep Murray fit, he has to be first pick. Not convinced on him and Hemed yet. I think Murphy could play that no 10 role and get goals this season if we don't sign anyone else.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My how we have progressed .....

Many of us will remember a season in the Championship under Mark McGhee not all that log ago when we had very little striker options in the squad so played our right back utility player - Adam Virgo - as a makeshift striker to partner our other striker - the one worth a set of tracksuits.

Just look where we are now.

Now, lets all take a step back ..... and breathe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you leave before the end. ?
My, correct, comment was made at half-time.
I'm not quite sure the relevance of a well rehearsed and poorly defended second half free kick.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My, correct, comment was made at half-time.
I'm not quite sure the relevance of a well rehearsed and poorly defended second half free kick.

Yep. Murray and Hemed teaming up for a well taken goal is probably not relevant on a thread about Hemed and Murray's ability to play together up front and your scepticism about their partnership.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. Murray and Hemed teaming up for a well taken goal is probably not relevant on a thread about Hemed and Murray's ability to play together up front and your scepticism about their partnership.
For a well rehearsed free kick.

All I have to do is scroll forward 11 minutes from Baldock's arrival to see a fantastic goal from open play where everybody that contributed did so with such precision it would have been harder to not score.
Not something we were getting from Hemed and Murray in the previous 70 minutes.

I don't know what your belly aching about.
The club made a £5+m bid for Pilchard, to play the 'Baldock' role.
It only has 3 first team strikers.
2 of those are all but identical, as proven by all but 1 well worked free kick last night, and 90 minutes v Derby.

There will be odd games requiring a Hemed/Murray strike force.
As there will be odd games needing two 'whippets'.

But what Murray and/or Hemed actually needs is there own FIT Baldock.
Which is something CH has been aware of for a year now, and yet here we are back in the old habit of throwing 2 points away at Derby and tackling each other v Forest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You can only own the league you're in. Both scrubbed up pretty well since then tho eh?

Yeh, I'm just not in the 'He played for us before so we've got to get him back again' school of thought. OK, it worked with BZ, and it's going OK so far with Sidwell and Murray - but there have been cases before where the return of an ex-player has not been so successful - Wardy and Fozzie for example.
If we bring in new players, I like to feel we're going beyond the standard we had before, not back to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeh, I'm just not in the 'He played for us before so we've got to get him back again' school of thought. OK, it worked with BZ, and it's going OK so far with Sidwell and Murray - but there have been cases before where the return of an ex-player has not been so successful - Wardy and Fozzie for example.
If we bring in new players, I like to feel we're going beyond the standard we had before, not back to it.

I just think that Ashley Barnes was ridiculously hounded out of the club by the post-Withdean ignorati. Boy was brave, aggressive and always knew exactly where the goal was. Sort of like the anti-Baldock, really. Have no doubt whatsoever that Ashley Barnes would be as successful back at the club as Glenn Murray is already proving to be.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I just think that Ashley Barnes was ridiculously hounded out of the club by the post-Withdean ignorati. Boy was brave, aggressive and always knew exactly where the goal was. Sort of like the anti-Baldock, really. Have no doubt whatsoever that Ashley Barnes would be as successful back at the club as Glenn Murray is already proving to be.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here