Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Astounded to see March still in the starting line up and Knocky on the bench. I accept the comments about Knocky being dropped for Izquierdo but AJ is supposed to be able to play the number 10 role so why not put him there and leave Knocky out on the right ? March has had no end product all season and I fear we’ll be carrying him yet again today - but would love him to prove me wrong and score the winner !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am surprised no Montoya not even on the bench.

CH likes to go for 2 defenders on the bench so only room for Bernardo and Balogun who are more versatile. Someone has to give.
Bruno was dropped from entire squad a few weeks ago.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Astounded to see March still in the starting line up and Knocky on the bench. I accept the comments about Knocky being dropped for Izquierdo but AJ is supposed to be able to play the number 10 role so why not put him there and leave Knocky out on the right ? March has had no end product all season and I fear we’ll be carrying him yet again today - but would love him to prove me wrong and score the winner !

Knocky doesn’t get his head up enough on a break! He makes a break more complicated then it’s needs to be sometimes, Solly runs like an arrow to the heart ��

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Montoya injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All players in the squad are fit apart from Propper. And Gross not ready to come back yet.
He's got a 25 man squad - several each week will not make the cut. Doesn't mean they are injured.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Blimey - never expected to see March, Izzy and Ali start. A lot of pace and guile there - counter attacking all day. And with Kayal's drive and Stephen's obstinance I recon Chris is on to something here. Rafa will feel less inclined to commit too many forward and their wing backs will have to check themselves a bit.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Knocky doesn’t get his head up enough on a break! He makes a break more complicated then it’s needs to be sometimes, Solly runs like an arrow to the heart ��

Knocky’s performances have been far more superior than March recently both in terms of work rate and final ball so think that’s a weak argument personally

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Not a massive surprise. Last week March, Ali and Knockaert started. Its exactly the same formation as against West Ham.

I guess you're right - It's seems weird being without the normally ever-present Gross. I think of Ali, Izzy and March as pacey, get past your man players while Gross can provide goals and assists without doing that to an extent.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I guess you're right - It's seems weird being without the normally ever-present Gross. I think of Ali, Izzy and March as pacey, get past your man players while Gross can provide goals and assists without doing that to an extent.

As Gross has been in training this week, guess its a surprise he hasn't made it back into the squad. Hopefully his recovery is going ok.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagulls Player not working for me, again. Anyone else having problems?
PS: got it working on Opera

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
All players in the squad are fit apart from Propper. And Gross not ready to come back yet.
He's got a 25 man squad - several each week will not make the cut. Doesn't mean they are injured.

Odd he was dropped for Bruno in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gross is our most creative player, I hope Ali plays the no 10 role instead of March.

I'm shocked March has been picked ahead of Knocky and also feel Montoya has been good and unlucky to miss out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here