Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ryder cup 2018.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So 8-4 after the morning. Hopefully pile the pressure on this afternoon as we're the superior team by far in foursomes.

Would love to see Rory and Poults take down Speith and garden gnome lookalike Thomas. They're a particularly dislikeable pair (although great players obviously).

Woods and Bryson looks like a car crash waiting to happen v Fleetwood and Franco but who knows.

What a brilliant tournament.

It really is the best sporting event imo. It's a disgrace that it is not live on BBC TV.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It really is the best sporting event imo. It's a disgrace that it is not live on BBC TV.
That's true if should be. It's also another reason why I'll continue playing for Sky unlike people who say "well I can just get a stream".

I don't see how you could enjoy three days of amazing competition plus all the analysis etc by watching a stream. Can you pause it and rewind it? Can you get the highlights on demand? Can you record parts of it if you have to go out? Can you watch it in the pub (or while walking to the pub) on your phone? No.

See also test matches and to a certain extent football.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
An excellent triple bogey for Simpson and Watson. Well played. :)

Edit: For a half! Excellent. :rolleyes:
Good to see Noren hole that last putt as he'd started terribly. Sergio is encouraging him. Even in matches we're down in we've looked more like a team.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
2-2 looking most likely this afternoon as it stands. That would give us a 10-6 lead going into the singles, which should be enough.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Fleetwood and Molinari win again. 4 out of 4. Tiger 0 from 3. Hee Hee

No European pair has ever won 4 games out of 4 before. They are now the 9th most successful pairing ever, having only played 4 games! Fleetwood equals Pieters record of 4 wins as a rookie.

Rose and Stenson also win

10-4.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This afternoon just been lacking a close game coming up 17th 18th. 10-6 not guaranteed, as I remember Europe won a number of years ago from the same position away from home. Sevi, Faldo etc.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely no way we can lose with these pairings:

McIlroy vs. Thomas
Casey vs. Koepka
Rose vs. Simpson
Rahm vs. Woods
Fleetwood vs. Finau
Poulter vs. Johnson
Olesen vs. Spieth
Garcia vs. Fowler
Molinari vs. Mickelson
Hatton vs. Reed
Stenson vs. Watson
Noren vs. DeChambeau

I can see wins for Casey, Rose, Fleetwood, Garcia, Molinari, Hatton and Stenson and maybe more.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Absolutely no way we can lose with these pairings:

McIlroy vs. Thomas
Casey vs. Koepka
Rose vs. Simpson
Rahm vs. Woods
Fleetwood vs. Finau
Poulter vs. Johnson
Olesen vs. Spieth
Garcia vs. Fowler
Molinari vs. Mickelson
Hatton vs. Reed
Stenson vs. Watson
Noren vs. DeChambeau

I can see wins for Casey, Rose, Fleetwood, Garcia, Molinari, Hatton and Stenson and maybe more.

Agree bizarre for the US to put the stronger players in the middle order thought they would want to get them out and clawing back points to gain momentum by pressurising the blue on the board.

They will be staring down the barrel by the time Johnson takes the tee

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If there was a continental football world cup which pitted S. America vs N. America vs Europe vs Asia vs Africa (I think we can forget about Antarctica), who would you support?

No one because it would be a very silly idea, and personally I feel no kinship whatsoever with the rest of Europe.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
McIlroy vs. Thomas 0pts
Casey vs. Koepka 0pts
Rose vs. Simpson 1pt
Rahm vs. Woods 0pts
Fleetwood vs. Finau 1pt
Poulter vs. Johnson 1pt
Olesen vs. Spieth 0pts
Garcia vs. Fowler 1pt
Molinari vs. Mickelson 1pt
Hatton vs. Reed 1/2pt each
Stenson vs. Watson 1pt
Noren vs. DeChambeau 1pt

7 1/2 points which will be more than enough.

TNBA

TTF

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree bizarre for the US to put the stronger players in the middle order thought they would want to get them out and clawing back points to gain momentum by pressurising the blue on the board.

They will be staring down the barrel by the time Johnson takes the tee
To be fair to Furyk, Thomas has probably been their best player.

You're right though, why wouldn't you put Johnson and Speith in at the top as well?

The US captaincy has been bizarre and rubbish.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So easy to write it down, but we know better than to count our chickens.
No chicken counting whatsoever. I watched every minute of Medinah. Can't see us bottling it like the yanks did but anything is possible.*

*We'll win though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here