Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Robo-hoovers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Have the Eufy and two dogs. Absolutely brilliant,cleans better than a Dyson. The quality of the cleaning surprised me, thought it would just be a bit of a gimmick, but it's really good. Does need to be emptied fairly regularly (all the dog hairs) and filters cleaned etc. Because it is low it goes under chairs and our dogs raised beds without having to move things. Got it going through Alexa so just ask Alexa to start Robo-vac and off it goes or you can set it on a schedule.

Is it one of these? https://amzn.to/2OineTk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Surely you don't need one of these if you have an Apple Watch? Doesn't that do the hoovering, make tea and toast etc as well as sit on your wrist waiting for you to think of something useful to do with it?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I have two large hairy dogs. I used to have a Roomba but found that although it did a good job at picking up dog fur, eventually the fur got into a tiny space that rendered it useless even if I disassembled it. I now have two Neato Botvacs, one for each floor, and they are excellent. They've dealt with the dog fur superbly and although sometimes the fur gets places in the machine it shouldn't, it is always easy to remove. Highly recommended.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We’ve just had a sweep-o-vac installed in the new extension. Handy little thing.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Great idea but my dog goes bonkers around normal hoovers so God knows what she'd do if left alone with a robot one. It would certainly be worth videoing.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have had one for about 10 years. Got it as part of an Itison deal for about £150. I call it Edgar (not quite a Hoover! :) )
Excellent it is too, runs for about 1/23hour on a full battery then docks itself when it is getting tired. I only use it in the hall downstairs and the kitchen but it's great.

Just got a robot Mower as well (nicknamed 'Patrick') and will set it up next week. Brand new in it's box (worth £850) got it for £218 on EBay.

Just love me gadgets me....

TNBA

TTF

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
One of those appliances that's for people with more money than sense. In my opinion, of course.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I used to sell these in 2006 online with our website being number 1 for the keyword 'robitic vacuum cleaner'. Those were the good old days then the supplier in France pulled the plug and the rest is history. They are just a gimmick..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here