Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He reminds me of Peter Smith.

I was going to post exactly this.

Unorthodox and ungainly.

For the youngsters that will not know what a Peter Smith is .

View attachment 92465

View attachment 92466

Me too!
Remember when Peter Smith ran down the wing at one of our Gillingham home games and tackled himself, then falling over?

He had the ungainly athletic appearance of a baby giraffe still finding his legs and the ability to dazzle or despair in equal measure.

Remember a couple of excellent goals and st least ten occasions where he fell over his own legs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Was never MOM yesterday, played well, especially 2nd half.
I think people forget that he has to adjust to the Premier League, which is probably faster, stronger and probably has the greatest collection of quality players in the world in one division.
He has come from Sporting Lisbon in a 2nd rate league, and played for a couple of lower level Serie A teams in Italy.
He had no pre-season and is going to be Brunos successor when he eventually hangs up his boots. He was played out of position v Spurs and had a lot better game at Chelsea back in his natural position, as he was yesterday.
I think once he gets enough matches under his belt, gets used to the cut and thrust pace of the Prem and builds up an understanding with his teamates especially Knocky, we might have a good quick full back who should also be a good addition to defending and attacking corners and set pieces.
Plus he has all the physical qualities be become a cult hero.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was never MOM yesterday, played well, especially 2nd half.
I think people forget that he has to adjust to the Premier League, which is probably faster, stronger and probably has the greatest collection of quality players in the world in one division.
He has come from Sporting Lisbon in a 2nd rate league, and played for a couple of lower level Serie A teams in Italy.
He had no pre-season and is going to be Brunos successor when he eventually hangs up his boots. He was played out of position v Spurs and had a lot better game at Chelsea back in his natural position, as he was yesterday.
I think once he gets enough matches under his belt, gets used to the cut and thrust pace of the Prem and builds up an understanding with his teamates especially Knocky, we might have a good quick full back who should also be a good addition to defending and attacking corners and set pieces.
Plus he has all the physical qualities be become a cult hero.
He was played at RB at Spurs, it was at Huddersfield that he was played as a winger

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What the hell :bounce:

Someone else can 'Ryan it'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
yep, another negative post but a deserved one.

Possibly one of the most abject individual performance i’ve seen from a brighton player in circa 24 years, and given the absolute dross we’ve been served up over the years that is some achievement.

Never mind not looking premier league standard, he doesn’t even look good enough for league one.

I recall a certain graeme souness being conned into signing ‘the next george weah’ in the mid nineties and i’m starting to seriously think the same fate has befallen chrissy hughton.

Rarely does hughton haul players off at ht (unless injured) and on today’s viewing i’ll be very surprised if we see schelotto against this season.

Woeful

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

in.all.its.glory

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear God I just skimmed from #81 to #120.

There's just too many to :bounce:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Thoughts on the Greyhound’s performance today?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There were plenty of players who didn’t cover themselves in glory today, why single out one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahahaha

'I'm so pleased the team were outplayed today it validates my opinion that was proven so wrong, 5 months ago'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It calls for this:

IMG_2615.PNG

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Who’s going to apologise to [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] first then? ???

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Worse performance of the season ,from a Brighton player , from the moment he mistimed a header in the first 10 seconds to the full time whistle ,
He was hiding most of the first half , really awful .
Mind you Bong was not much better

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I have thought of the greyhound as a wing back not a right back for sometime now. He definitely has the the attacking pace to go forward but his defensive skills aren't that great.

If we played a back 3 of DD and Goldson, it could work but I don't think that CH will play that way.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Hahahaha

'I'm so pleased the team were outplayed today it validates my opinion that was proven so wrong, 5 months ago'.

Given that his performance today was equally as bad as the one up at Huddersfield which prompted the thread, I’d actually say I’ve been proven right.

He’s streets behind a 37 ageing Bruno and nowhere near good enough for this level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given that his performance today was equally as bad as the one up at Huddersfield which prompted the thread, I’d actually say I’ve been proven right.

He’s streets behind a 37 ageing Bruno and nowhere near good enough for this level.

Only if you ignore all the performances in between.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
There were plenty of players who didn’t cover themselves in glory today, why single out one?

Because the other under performers, whilst underperforming, still resemble professional footballers.

Schelotto doesn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here