Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My favourite too since Jamie left. When I first saw him up at Birmingham I dubbed him as PWP = '' Pogba with Pace''

harsh??? reviews seem favorable to Bissouma.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
harsh??? reviews seem favorable to Bissouma.

What you mean by Harsh ?????

I am raving about the lad - He is a class player. To compare him to a £96m player and World Cup Winner and claim he is even better because he has more pace. I don't think I could give a bigger compliment.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My favourite too since Jamie left. When I first saw him up at Birmingham I dubbed him as PWP = '' Pogba with Pace''

Loved the way he claimed the ball for his goal that day.Good all over the pitch.Most tackles last night (9).What a find.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You know the thing that has only just dawned on me, is that at the time when Pascal Gross was substituted, I was actually questioning why he did that, and....

Boom, Boom, Bissouma !!

What do I know....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With Bissouma in the team:

2W, 1D, 0L

Not sure what stats you're looking at.

He has made 6 starts: W2 D1 L3
And 7 substitute appearences.

He plays in two positions, box to box (Propper) and behind the striker (Gross).

Stephens shields the back 4, Propper/Kayal have been playing this role in his absence.

Therefore "Stephens replacing Bissouma" is not a point of debate.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
A couple of things to add.
He will probably become my favourite player too.
I think the way he played last night allowed Davy P to play as well as he did.
Hes only young and will have days when it doesnt quite happen for him so we have to remember performances like this. The consistency will come and I just hope that we can hold on to him when it does.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hold on, I'm not saying Stephens is a shoe in but Bissouma has gone missing several times this season in a way that Stephens hasn't.

That said, tonight Bissouma turned in probably the best 90 minute Albion midfield performance I've seen since Razak against Ipswich, and that was in the league below.

Bissouma should start simply on the basis that he played easily well enough to keep the shirt, but let's not pretend Bissouma won't have bang average performances too. That's why he's here and not at a top 4 side.

What a performance from the big guy. He really arrived today. He made so many tackles and gave his all. He will get better with experience too. Haven't enjoyed such a midfield performance for years....he has that bit of extra bite....he will probably get many yellow cards but he is a very exciting prospect. The whole team gave everything and while the first half was exciting because of the goals and incidents..the second was a defensive masterclass while still looking threatening on the break.
It doesn't get much better than this, beating your rivals 3-1 with ten men,tenth in the table.
Hughton too negative? I'm not bothered after that feast of excitement and our race to safety gaining pace.
Well done all.

To be fair he arrived last Saturday, his performance at Huddersfield was very good. The HTFC fans might have called him a cheat (and a few other things) but some qualified it by saying why do it as he was best player on the pitch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In case he didn't quite cement his cult status enough last night...he trolls some Palace fan on Twitter :lol:

[tweet] 1070337028594774019[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we need to be cautious with Bissouma, for what it's worth. Pre-season, he looked pretty exciting, though initially seemed to struggle with the pace of the Premier League, and seemed to me like he was going to be a walking yellow or even red card with his puppyish enthusiasm.

Last night was just a brilliantly disciplined show from him. He never abandoned his post, won tackle after tackle, drove us forward when he could, and absolutely nailed the role. Palace's ponderous midfield couldn't keep up with him. If he can do that more often than not, he is going to make this club a lot of money in the long term (but hopefully we get to worship and adore him for a lot longer yet). I did worry when I saw the team sheet that Bissouma might be a bit of a risk in a game of that intensity, but I was totally wrong. He was superb. We just need to accept that he's still pretty young and inexperienced, and not put too much pressure on him.

A word also for Davy Propper, who, like one or two others, has gone under the radar a bit in terms of performances in this game. Propper has really grown in recent weeks, and shown himself to be the classy midfielder who merits a place in Holland's first choice XI. Perhaps playing with Bissouma allows him to dictate our forward pace more than lining up with Stephens does (and I do like Stephens).

Also thought Bernardo is now looking quietly silky and effective, all Latin American touch without the kamikaze shit-or-bust nature of Schelotto. And Montoya, after looking a bit off the pace in his previous game, handled Palace's wingers very well.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I loved the way he bounced straight back to his feet every time he was on the grass after a tackle - he was always in the game. Fantastic. Looked like the new guys completely understand the word 'derby' !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here