Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
And in the comments section on the BBC website reporting his signing:

63. Posted by Maggy Harris on
17 minutes ago
I am a Spurs fan. Welcome back to the top tier Brighton!

The last time I thought of you was back in the Cup final back in 83'. I was really upset you lost that replay.

What happened down there since the 80s? Weird place. You know the anti-gay songs will be coming your way this season. Gayest place in UK, gayest team. Sure-fire relegation.

:facepalm: A taste of the homophobia to come I imagine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PB said they should have a result 24 hours after the hearing so hopefully good to go from next Thursday.

This.....seems like they are fully expecting him to be available for the Leicester game.

Some combo of Knocky, Solly, Jose, Izzy and Pascal with Glenn or Tomer waiting in front of them.......effing hell. Think we're looking at counter-attacking mostly. Excited much.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thats the first time I've ever seen that forum, and the last. There are some proper bottom feeders on there.

Some? They're all bottom feeders.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And in the comments section on the BBC website reporting his signing:

63. Posted by Maggy Harris on
17 minutes ago
I am a Spurs fan. Welcome back to the top tier Brighton!

The last time I thought of you was back in the Cup final back in 83'. I was really upset you lost that replay.

What happened down there since the 80s? Weird place. You know the anti-gay songs will be coming your way this season. Gayest place in UK, gayest team. Sure-fire relegation.

:facepalm: A taste of the homophobia to come I imagine.

Maybe now we're back in the top flight the homophobia will be less tolerated-by football and the media. There'll still be the usual troglodytes from Croydon and Chelsea but I can't see the Premier League doing nothing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
[MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION] and [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] seem to have disappeared. Again.

I'm here Guiness but been away for a little while. :bigwave: A terrific signing by the club. Hopefully, the medical will be successful. It now looks like we've got a player whose pace will really hurt the opposition. Now for that elusive striker (or two).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe now we're back in the top flight the homophobia will be less tolerated-by football and the media. There'll still be the usual troglodytes from Croydon and Chelsea but I can't see the Premier League doing nothing.

Ian Dale on LBC is a Gay West Ham supporter, on his show today he had a gay referee and a player from a gay football team, he told them both that he found it really funny when West Ham fans started singing "does your boyfriend know you're here", when we played them a few years ago. Greg Dyke on the same show said you can't ban that sort of chanting, I almost screamed for a policeman!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chris was very keen to stress Jose is a forward player and not just a winger.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Ian Dale on LBC is a Gay West Ham supporter, on his show today he had a gay referee and a player from a gay football team, he told them both that he found it really funny when West Ham fans started singing "does your boyfriend know you're here", when we played them a few years ago. Greg Dyke on the same show said you can't ban that sort of chanting, I almost screamed for a policeman!

Anyway you look at it that's double standards though. If it was about colour or religion Greg Dyke would be all over it, but for all the platitudes a few seasons back Homophobia is largely a topic the FA don't really want to deal with. The gay West Ham broadcaster might find it funny, but this isn't about him as an individual this about the issue as a whole and the fact is it is still a topic that is a bastion for all the haters out there. They still feel on safe ground chanting these chants and whilst many will see it as "banter" to those affected by it it isn't. You can sling phrases around like man up, it's just banter, football's gone pc crazy, but I shouldn't have to put up with this shit every time I want to watch my team play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here