Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although I have no idea who we'll end up with I'd not be that impressed if we'd signed any of the players who have signed for Huddersfield.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They are doing it the right way - getting in early and buying players who are good at championship level and capable of going one better. They don't seem to be quite as obsessed about value as we are.
Are they though? spunking millions on Ince who can't cut it at PL level.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Danny Williams signed too! They are certainly getting in quick with their business! They lost their head of recruitment to Norwich too I believe!

He did (judus), but we've replaced him with David Moss from Celtic.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Scott Malone to be announced tonight too, and then Mounie tomorrow.

It's not that surprising though, Wagner is all about the summer pre-season. Part of him agreeing the 2 year management deal will have been for us to get our business done earlier (and therefore taking the slight potential hit in valuations).

Expect Ranocchia and maybe a right-back back up (possibly Yiadom) and we'll be done, pending a mad loan like Ollie Burke or Patrick Roberts.
Wagner is certainly stealing a march on the likes of Chris Hughton - who clearly doesn't understand that Premier League success depends on assembling a squad in July the majority of which is not much better than 5th in the Championship standard....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although I have no idea who we'll end up with I'd not be that impressed if we'd signed any of the players who have signed for Huddersfield.
This.

Looks like a Championship select XI apart from the 2 strikers.

Delaney and Cafu look more ambitious signings. Hope we get them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scott Malone to be announced tonight too, and then Mounie tomorrow.

It's not that surprising though, Wagner is all about the summer pre-season. Part of him agreeing the 2 year management deal will have been for us to get our business done earlier (and therefore taking the slight potential hit in valuations).

Expect Ranocchia and maybe a right-back back up (possibly Yiadom) and we'll be done, pending a mad loan like Ollie Burke or Patrick Roberts.

In would not have minded signing Scott Malone (left back). If Fulham are selling maybe we could sign Johansen?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wagner is certainly stealing a march on the likes of Chris Hughton - who clearly doesn't understand that Premier League success depends on assembling a squad in July the majority of which is not much better than 5th in the Championship standard....

Huddersfield have arrived on the scene by default in one season. We have been building for years now, it would be a big surprise if Huddersfield have a better recruitment team. That sounds a bit arrogant, doesn't it?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This.

Looks like a Championship select XI apart from the 2 strikers.

Delaney and Cafu look more ambitious signings. Hope we get them.

I hope you mean Thomas Delaney!

The wire is missing out on first choice targets going and failing to sign second choice targets.

Then its back to our existing squad and we are left with Williams being sightly ahead of Norwood, Mooy a fraction ahead of Kayal, Tom Ince ahead of Jamie Murphy, Malone may be a better bet than Bong, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Huddersfield_Town_A.F.C._season#Transfers_in

Have Huddersfield signed a central defender yet?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope you mean Thomas Delaney!

he wire is missing out on second choice targets going and failing to sign second choice targets.

Then its back to our existing squad and we are left with Williams being sightly ahead of Norwood, Mooy a fraction ahead of Kayal, Tom Ince ahead of Jamie Murphy, Malone may be a better bet than Bong, etc.

Have Huddersfield signed a central defender yet?
Yes, Thomas Delaney.

Get Delaney, Cafu and, say, Diony, then we'd have had a fantastic window ( and spent £45 million on the 3 of them ).

Of course, a couple of defenders and goalies needed as well but that's not where much of the remaining budget will be spent.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Much has been said on here about Mooy not bossing the home game (dunno wasn't there). I was at the away game where he bossed and nothing seems to have been said about that apart from the guy that said it 1st here. Quality player. Ince am unsure on but reckon would be decent to have coming off he bench in some games. And Hudds really didn't need to spend big just to get the standard of team back that gained them promotion. Still think we will get 2 of the 3 we seem to have been after Suttner, Delaney and Cafu. If not not Suttner then maybe another LB like Gibbs or Gomez. If not Cafu then still think we need that extra striker from somewhere.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Much has been said on here about Mooy not bossing the home game (dunno wasn't there). I was at the away game where he bossed and nothing seems to have been said about that apart from the guy that said it 1st here. Quality player. Ince am unsure on but reckon would be decent to have coming off he bench in some games. And Hudds really didn't need to spend big just to get the standard of team back that gained them promotion. Still think we will get 2 of the 3 we seem to have been after Suttner, Delaney and Cafu. If not not Suttner then maybe another LB like Gibbs or Gomez. If not Cafu then still think we need that extra striker from somewhere.

Gibbs would destroy the wage structure unless he moderates his expectations, so I doubt it will be him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I hope this isn't the beginnings of a season long internet created rivalry nonsense where each forum starts crying because the oppositions forum doesn't think their team is the greatest in the world.

If I were a Huddersfield fan I'd be pretty bloody happy with life right now. Promotion and signings in early doors. Mooy was a no brainer for them and at £8m a good deal given his role in their side. Yes he has his limitations but they've built a side that suits him perfectly and at the level we are both at now, £8m isn't mega money when you consider how much some clubs in the Premier League are spending.

Williams is a terrific signing on a free. I don't think he's someone who'd necessarily suit us but I think he'll fit in well there. Ince is another who I don't think suited us as we have Knockaert & March but he's an upgrade on what they have and certainly has the potential to be a good player in the Prem if he can bring everything together and perhaps Wagner will get the most out of him.

Suspect there's some anxiety here from our fans hoping we were making signings right now. Huddersfield can sign good players who fit them but aren't the right fit for us! It doesn't make our recruitment bad or their signings bad!

I think we need a big, mobile striker with an eye for goal who can lead the line on his own (I don't ask for much) and a pacey winger who can play on the left and cut in on their right. Perhaps some further competition for Gross if we do play 4411. A keeper and a left back and we're pretty much there. Unless of course the plan is for Goldson to head out on loan, then we'd want a centre back too. :D

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I was more impressed by Hogg.

Always more impressed with Matt Philips than Tom Ince.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope this isn't the beginnings of a season long internet created rivalry nonsense where each forum starts crying because the oppositions forum doesn't think their team is the greatest in the world.

If I were a Huddersfield fan I'd be pretty bloody happy with life right now. Promotion and signings in early doors. Mooy was a no brainer for them and at £8m a good deal given his role in their side. Yes he has his limitations but they've built a side that suits him perfectly and at the level we are both at now, £8m isn't mega money when you consider how much some clubs in the Premier League are spending.

Williams is a terrific signing on a free. I don't think he's someone who'd necessarily suit us but I think he'll fit in well there. Ince is another who I don't think suited us as we have Knockaert & March but he's an upgrade on what they have and certainly has the potential to be a good player in the Prem if he can bring everything together and perhaps Wagner will get the most out of him.

Suspect there's some anxiety here from our fans hoping we were making signings right now. Huddersfield can sign good players who fit them but aren't the right fit for us! It doesn't make our recruitment bad or their signings bad!

I think we need a big, mobile striker with an eye for goal who can lead the line on his own (I don't ask for much) and a pacey winger who can play on the left and cut in on their right. Perhaps some further competition for Gross if we do play 4411. A keeper and a left back and we're pretty much there. Unless of course the plan is for Goldson to head out on loan, then we'd want a centre back too. :D

Pub talk for what is worth are slightly anxious until a left back is signed. We don't seem to think Bong will be free of injury.

I would for one would like a striker that could spark danger to the opposition. Premier League supporters of other clubs do not seem to be impressed with the strike force of Baldock, Hemed and Murray. cf. Barnes, Vokes and Andre Gray they are not too impressed with either.

Lots of rumours, but (for a change) none of our players seem to be wanted by other clubs!

Last edited:

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
The way I see it as a Town fan is that Brighton already have a much stronger and better equipped squad for Premiership survival, given that you have been building for some time, whereas Town upset the apple cart and pissed off the punters last season. In view of the cash windfall, we need to spend big (well, by our standards), and quickly.

The 4th July proved to be Hudderspending day. We confirmed the signing of Tom Ince, Andy Williams from Reading, and another one year loan of Kasey Palmer from Chelsea, a player who we missed big time at the end of last season as a result of injury.

Some laughed at Hudders numerous loans last season, but we have already signed the aussie Mooy permanently. A lot of clubs were sniffing around him, including you I believe. We have also signed Depoitre from Porto and a new keeper Lossl from Mainz, and we are strongly linked with a least two more players - another striker and a centre back who look decent.

Heady times for Hudders. Most Town fans are very excited by the potential of these signings. We were never going to tempt or afford the likes of Ibrahimovic, after all. :p

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"Down At The Mac" is totally buzzing with excitement at the moment due to the incomings which contrasts starkly with NSC which is patiently (by and large) waiting for more news.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just signed striker Steve Mounie for a club record fee.
You have to feel sorry for the club who gain promotion through the playoff's like Huddersfield, gives them far less time to get their transfer deals done in time for the next season. How many signings is that now 7?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here