Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is Brightons highest ever goal scorer?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Will be tight enough to get to the 100 mark since pascal is now on penalty duty.

Anyone got league goals table ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't know why the all-time goalscoring list should only be from the 1970s. Discounting 'Wartime' records (which didn't really count)...

LEAGUE & CUP(S) - TOP 10
123 - Tommy Cook
99 - Kit Napier
96 - Bert Stephens
95 - Peter Ward
94 - Glenn Murray
90 - Albert Mundy
90 - Bobby Zamora
86 - Bert Longstaff
82 - Dan Kirkwood
79 - Charlie Webb

LEAGUE MATCHES ONLY - TOP 10
114 - Tommy Cook
89 - Glenn Murray
87 - Albert Mundy
86 - Bert Stephens
85 - Bert Longstaff
83 - Bobby Zamora
84 - Kit Napier
81 - Peter Ward
75 - Charlie Webb
74 - Dan Kirkwood

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only issue I have with counting pre war records is that goals were far easier to come by back then.

Then again, I suppose you could say goals were harder to come by in the 70s and 80s when Ward was banging them in, before the backpass rule changed the game (much for the better).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Who is Brightons highest ever goal scorer?

Iam Mellor was quite tall not sure he was the tallest though

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The only issue I have with counting pre war records is that goals were far easier to come by back then.

Then again, I suppose you could say goals were harder to come by in the 70s and 80s when Ward was banging them in, before the backpass rule changed the game (much for the better).

Not necessarily. Before 1927, the offside law was for three defenders to be closer to the goal line than the two which they changed it to.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
He has scored five goals since this Tweet, (Swansea x2, Arsenal, Palace & United), so according to Tim Carder he is now level with Peter Ward & 5 from his century .

Naylor.JPG

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't know why the all-time goalscoring list should only be from the 1970s. Discounting 'Wartime' records (which didn't really count)...

LEAGUE & CUP(S) - TOP 10
123 - Tommy Cook
99 - Kit Napier
96 - Bert Stephens
95 - Peter Ward
94 - Glenn Murray
90 - Albert Mundy
90 - Bobby Zamora
86 - Bert Longstaff
82 - Dan Kirkwood
79 - Charlie Webb

LEAGUE MATCHES ONLY - TOP 10
114 - Tommy Cook
89 - Glenn Murray
87 - Albert Mundy
86 - Bert Stephens
85 - Bert Longstaff
83 - Bobby Zamora
84 - Kit Napier
81 - Peter Ward
75 - Charlie Webb
74 - Dan Kirkwood

Only because we haven't heard of most of those and the original point of making the list was to prove how good Ashley was :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm delighted to see Kurt Nogan so high in the post-war list - he played in some truly woeful teams and yet scored some brilliant goals alongside his superb overall record, albeit at a lower level - obviously.

I grew up with Nogan as my hero tbh and as he was only with us for a relatively short period, I would suggest he was one of the best finishers we've ever had, especially when you consider his 'created' chances would have been few and far between... In truth he made a lot of his goals himself, a true deep lying striker who probably could have made it a the top level given luck. It's a great shame that era will be forever defined as the 'sad decline of...' and eventual asset stripping, even our home! Quite right, but Nogan is lost in those shadows... he deserves better, as he was a cut above the rest of our squad at the time. For me; forever, my favourite player.

It's great to see Glenn so high, and he undoubtedly would have been our best ever if Gus hadn't been such a massive dick... to be honest, you can see how his natural ability is even sustaining him (even) now... that finish against utd was cool, brilliant and (well) perfect... Indeed if that had been Aguero, they'd have been talking about his genius even now (Tuesday.)

If he can lead the line like that against Liverpool, then who knows what may happen?!?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm delighted to see Kurt Nogan so high in the post-war list - he played in some truly woeful teams and yet scored some brilliant goals alongside his superb overall record, albeit at a lower level - obviously.

I grew up with Nogan as my hero tbh and as he was only with us for a relatively short period, I would suggest he was one of the best finishers we've ever had, especially when you consider his 'created' chances would have been few and far between... In truth he made a lot of his goals himself, a true deep lying striker who probably could have made it a the top level given luck. It's a great shame that era will be forever defined as the 'sad decline of...' and eventual asset stripping, even our home! Quite right, but Nogan is lost in those shadows... he deserves better, as he was a cut above the rest of our squad at the time. For me; forever, my favourite player.

It's great to see Glenn so high, and he undoubtedly would have been our best ever if Gus hadn't been such a massive dick... to be honest, you can see how his natural ability is even sustaining him (even) now... that finish against utd was cool, brilliant and (well) perfect... Indeed if that had been Aguero, they'd have been talking about his genius even now (Tuesday.)

If he can lead the line like that against Liverpool, then who knows what may happen?!?

Fantastic career at Preston North End as well - perhaps his overall league goals may show his talent against some others listed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEXGgdqMz8

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
MOST GOALS IN THE TOP DIVISION - WRONG ANSWERS ONLY

11 - McPhee
7 - Dickinson
6 - Mackail-Smith
2 - Holroyd

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Fantastic career at Preston North End as well - perhaps his overall league goals may show his talent against some others listed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEXGgdqMz8

Yes; Burnley too, where he impressed for us in the league cup I think and where we sold him for about 250-500k (if memory serves)... this after he was forced to play wide right for a while... At his peak he scored everywhere he played, and was a top level lower league striker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here