Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace v Liverpool

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A selection of Palace takes on the 1-on-1 red card:

"I'm leaving it there as we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. Forget for one minute it was a foul, it was. For it to be red it has to be deliberate and a geniune goal scoring opportunity. I will stand by that I thought he made a genuine attempt to win the ball."

"Even if it was delberate, for red it has to be dangerous play, which it wasn't. So then finally it has to be a genuine goalscoring opportunity........it wasn't as Hennessey had already collected the ball from Salah taking a heavy touch."

"I'm not one for appealing but f*** em.Got to appeal on the basis it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity. It's as simple as that."

"I'm really confused how people are saying this was a red card. It wasn't deliberate and AWB made an attempt for the ball. Further more because the Egyptian springboard champion wasn't in control of the ball it quite clearly wasn't a CLEAR goalscoring opportunity"

"Was it a clear goalscoring opportunity. Of cause it wasn't. The ball shoot off to Hennessey. Therefore AWB got a touch. I'm not convinced. Or the Egyptian lost control so not a clear goalscoring opportunity."

:lolol:
I mean christ ! Apparently WE'RE the deluded ones.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Does he understand what 'opportunity' means ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nil atmosphere
Nil class shown
Nil points

Jonathan Pearce was banging on to Chappers that the atmosphere was "electric and the Liverpool fans played their part".

What utter guff. The scousers were in great voice but when they didn't sing there was no noise from the crowd whatsoever!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Does he understand what 'opportunity' means ?

Sadly its not one person. Its an entire delusional GROUP of them.

My favourite is that "it has to be dangerous play" in order to be a red card when someone is through 1 on 1. Bloody hell.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Jonathan Pearce was banging on to Chappers that the atmosphere was "electric and the Liverpool fans played their part".

What utter guff. The scousers were in great voice but when they didn't sing there was no noise from the crowd whatsoever!

Yeah I heard him say that, but it was clearly the scousers making all the noise and a quick peak at BBS and Holmesdale forums will confirm that Palace fans agree.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
To be fair. Thought they looked pretty good. Dangerous on the break and have some real talent going forward.

Honesty will out. It's very fortunate benteke is a complete log. Otherwise they'd be flying.

Long may it continue.

Agree. Palace are a decent team. I’m pretty sure they’ll finish mid-table, unless Zahahaha gets a long-term injury. We’ll do well to finish above them, I think.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
CAE52EFE-27CE-41CA-8973-DA427B25DFA6.jpeg

Can we all sing this please, and help the great unwashed get some justice.:ffsparr::D

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With us playing Liverpool on the telly I'd assume we'll be free of them for only 5 days.
A few will turn up unless the Albion get result that'll surprises everybody.

Even then on Sunday palace could still burst Watford's bubble, which will, predictably have them scurrying for their keyboards at 15:30.

Super Sunday :facepalm:

Watford v Crystal Palace
Fulham v Burnley
Newcastle United v Chelsea

Are Sky only showing Watford v Palace for the Mr Tumble / Harry the Hornet re-match?

https://youtu.be/1aVuOKWhGhQ

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Jesus Aytch Christ :facepalm:

I don’t know if it was a Palace fan who put this up, it’s brilliant if it was, if it was some other scallywag, it reminds everyone about their petition to get Benteke banned, and to be fair I wouldn’t put it past them lot again.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why would I go on the BBS? I'm a Brighton fan.

You used to .

Good game last night, we battled hard, but Liverpool are a class team.
Penalty was soft, but in the modern game, ANY touch in the box could result in a pen.
Salah’s theatrical dive for the sending off made Oliver’s mind up, slight touch again, but last man and all that.
Salah’s demeanour at half and full time spoke volumes, he tried to slip off at the end, but he was pulled back by a coach, very sheepish, and he knew.
What’s totally been ignored is the two flares lobbed onto the pitch, one which was aimed at the family stand, but luckily fell short.
They did it previously at Selhurst, so hopefully the powers that be,come down on them hard.
Good luck on Saturday, and I hope you don’t get any concensious decisions against you !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You used to .

Penalty was soft, but in the modern game, ANY touch in the box could result in a pen.
Salah’s theatrical dive for the sending off made Oliver’s mind up, slight touch again, but last man and all that.
Salah’s demeanour at half and full time spoke volumes, he tried to slip off at the end, but he was pulled back by a coach, very sheepish, and he knew.
What’s totally been ignored is the two flares lobbed onto the pitch, one which was aimed at the family stand, but luckily fell short.
They did it previously at Selhurst, so hopefully the powers that be,come down on them hard.
Good luck on Saturday, and I hope you don’t get any concensious decisions against you !

Your mob are hardly in a position to criticise now are you. Palace really do take hypocrisy up to another level.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You used to .

Did they ever come down hard on your fans for the constant use of flairs?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Your mob are hardly in a position to criticise now are you. Palace really do take hypocrisy up to another level.
I was presuming that he meant they were thrown by Palace fans as that's usually the case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here