Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
club need to grow up on this and change their mind. health and safety risk should apply today and applied for years so thats cobblers. dont care if other clubs do it, we're better and fans want to take in a warm beverage. catering is at capacity so hardly likly to help with revenue, so just lead to ill feeling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
club need to grow up on this and change their mind. health and safety risk should apply today and applied for years so thats cobblers. dont care if other clubs do it, we're better and fans want to take in a warm beverage. catering is at capacity so hardly likly to help with revenue, so just lead to ill feeling.

Well said

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barber does pick some odd fights at times.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A suicide bomber could easily hide a bomb under clothing especially under winter coats. I think consideration should be given to only way to get 100% safety and that is to ban all spectators.

Do you think that those men and women that frisk you down when you’re entering the turnstiles are just doing it coz they want a cuddle?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The coffee I bought Sunday was luke warm...I wont bother again.

Tea is the same, and the food on sale indigestible. I would buy sandwiches as I need the sustenance after the long train ride. What supermarkets sell as cold snacks would suit me

Questionnaire asked if fans took in their own food,

I think grub is necessary to keep energy levels up (health reasons). Their burgers are more an endurance test than melt in your mouth, thinking I had broken my tooth. Soggy pastry pies were horrid as well. Better catering in the North than the Lower East. Stay away from the dried out hot dogs in a stale roll.

Soup would be a boon on a cold day.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A suicide bomber could easily hide a bomb under clothing especially under winter coats. I think consideration should be given to only way to get 100% safety and that is to ban all spectators.

Why bother going IN the stadium?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Barber does pick some odd fights at times.

Doesn't matter when he's going to win.

Dreadful decision no matter what patronising logic is thrown back. My Mrs makes a lovely soup for half time on cold winter days/nights at the Amex ... I can only wonder at his defence for preventing us. Health & Safety really means 'lost revenue' when it's actually nothing but petty minded power wielding. Definitely not getting another penny from us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is the answer given by Insider to my question on Ask The Club

Our decision not to allow flasks, (glass or metal bottles) in to the stadium from the Fulham match onwards has been taken for safety and security reasons. We regularly review all of our security procedures and this new policy is in line with many other football stadia, including that of yesterday's visitors. Other stadia have already taken steps to stop bags, laptops and other items of luggage being brought in to the stadium - frankly, this an ongoing process to mitigate risk and eliminate it where it is possible or practical to do so.

We are regularly told that not all of our supporters receive or read electronic communications from the club so we decided to communicate directly with as many supporters as possible, particularly those carrying flasks to yesterday's game, so that that as many fans as possible received the information ahead of our next home game. We will reinforce this face to face communication with further information through the club's website and social media channels leading up to the Fulham game when the new policy will be fully implemented.

We communicated the decision directly to 1901 club members separately as, in addition to safety and security concerns in the stadium bowl, the issue was more general - that of small numbers of people consuming food and drink not purchased from the club in the lounge areas, including Dick's Bar (which has a regular clientele). This has never been permitted at the Amex - and it isn’t a practice allowed in the vast majority of other sports and entertainment arenas, restaurants or bars anywhere. I think most people are familiar with such a policy.

Finally, please be assured that the club's finances will not be transformed by expecting people to purchase their hot drinks from us! Suggestions that our decision to prevent flasks being brought in to the stadium as being financially driven are utter nonsense. The club has a responsibility to ensure the safest possible environment for all supporters. We are well aware that, for most fans, a flask is a means of bringing a hot drink to the game. Sadly, in the current environment, others may use such items in a different way. Our job is to limit, minimise and, ideally, eliminate as many risks as we can.

Security being the answer given why was it not communicated during the summer off season and brought into force for the first game at The Amex being the friendly.v FC Nantes

Last edited:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
It certainly seems as if PB is happy to fight this issue and take flak over flasks!

Perhaps some of our gentlemen fans could try these to smuggle their flasks into the Amex?

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/boxer-shorts-with-flask-pouch

flask.jpg

They'd certainly make the stadium entry security "pat down" a lot more interesting/awkward!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you think that those men and women that frisk you down when you’re entering the turnstiles are just doing it coz they want a cuddle?

To be fair that is a joke too. It is as half hearted as you could possibly get!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

0 Thumbs Up!
Our decision not to allow flasks, (glass or metal bottles) in to the stadium from the Fulham match onwards has been taken for safety and security reasons. We regularly review all of our security procedures and this new policy is in line with many other football stadia, including that of yesterday's visitors. Other stadia have already taken steps to stop bags, laptops and other items of luggage being brought in to the stadium - frankly, this an ongoing process to mitigate risk and eliminate it where it is possible or practical to do so.

We are regularly told that not all of our supporters receive or read electronic communications from the club so we decided to communicate directly with as many supporters as possible, particularly those carrying flasks to yesterday's game, so that that as many fans as possible received the information ahead of our next home game. We will reinforce this face to face communication with further information through the club's website and social media channels leading up to the Fulham game when the new policy will be fully implemented.

We communicated the decision directly to 1901 club members separately as, in addition to safety and security concerns in the stadium bowl, the issue was more general - that of small numbers of people consuming food and drink not purchased from the club in the lounge areas, including Dick's Bar (which has a regular clientele). This has never been permitted at the Amex - and it isn’t a practice allowed in the vast majority of other sports and entertainment arenas, restaurants or bars anywhere. I think most people are familiar with such a policy.

Finally, please be assured that the club's finances will not be transformed by expecting people to purchase their hot drinks from us! Suggestions that our decision to prevent flasks being brought in to the stadium as being financially driven are utter nonsense. The club has a responsibility to ensure the safest possible environment for all supporters. We are well aware that, for most fans, a flask is a means of bringing a hot drink to the game. Sadly, in the current environment, others may use such items in a different way. Our job is to limit, minimise and, ideally, eliminate as many risks as we can.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Absolute bollox. Safety reasons strike again. I get pissed off this being used for anything and everything and i'm sick and tired of hearing it.. People should be annoyed about this.
I have never taken a flask to a game but if they ban this then nothing is safe from being banned.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

0 Thumbs Up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

That is barbers letter

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought cafes refused giving people hot water for insurance reasons?

No that is because ****wits could scald themselves and sue the cafe.

theboybilly

This is a financial decision, end of. They serve hot drinks which you can take to your seats and they wouldn’t do that if there was a safety issue with hot drinks. They also serve alcohol so the alcohol excuse is pretty flimsy too.

Apart from the security issues this is mainly about people bringing in alcohol to drink in view of the pitch which the club legally cannot tolerate. Those that have repeatedly done this are the ones that deserve blame here. Can people really not go without alcohol for more than 45 minutes? (I know, I know)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here