Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

N17

Jun 21, 2011
It did amuse me reading their forum wondering why Zaha would consider a 'sideways' move to Spurs, Deluded?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Who are they Doogle? Surely the lack of investment coupled with the well documented accounts issues must have alarm bells ringing? Let alone the info I got given that I shared...!

Still, at least those spotty embarrassing teenagers have gone :)

Well ill put my two penneth in...Why do we need to bung money at more players than we have to, the way we played the last 10 games last season was fantastic and if we can get Loftus cheek in on loan again that would be great, we have spent big the last few seasons and now we need to get those players playing as a team. You cant just keep buying ...the first couple you spend big like Brighton have but you cant just do that every year...IMO

It seems the HF have not disbanded but moved to other parts of the ground ( which I suppose means they are not HF anymore ) all I know is they wont be banging that fxxking drum 10 rows down from my hangover :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Who are they Doogle? Surely the lack of investment coupled with the well documented accounts issues must have alarm bells ringing? Let alone the info I got given that I shared...!

Still, at least those spotty embarrassing teenagers have gone :)

All in good time sheebo , I deal in facts not made up rumours like your good self :smile:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It did amuse me reading their forum wondering why Zaha would consider a 'sideways' move to Spurs, Deluded?

Spuds have no money and they couldn’t afford wilf .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Spuds have no money and they couldn’t afford wilf .

You lot have no money but it doesn’t stop you spending it... this new guy, all the big clubs turned him down due to his wage demands.. along come Palace and guess what....you will NEVER LEARN!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You lot have no money but it doesn’t stop you spending it... this new guy, all the big clubs turned him down due to his wage demands.. along come Palace and guess what....you will NEVER LEARN!

Don’t believe all you read .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

It is being reported by the Two Ed's (the best Palace journalists) that his wage demands have gone down considerably since his agent negotiated with those clubs. They're saying that the agreement with Palace is at a figure "not close" to the original demands. Perhaps there are other incentives in the deal, i.e. a modest release clause to a Champions League club? Maybe he's happy to play for a midtable Premier League club on a more reasonable wage in order to put himself in the shop window?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It is being reported by the Two Ed's (the best Palace journalists) that his wage demands have gone down considerably since his agent negotiated with those clubs. They're saying that the agreement with Palace is at a figure "not close" to the original demands. Perhaps there are other incentives in the deal, i.e. a modest release clause to a Champions League club? Maybe he's happy to play for a midtable Premier League club on a more reasonable wage in order to put himself in the shop window?

If that was the case, a bigger club would have signed him...You have previous... Lots of it too! I know what I believe!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If that was the case, a bigger club would have signed him...You have previous... Lots of it too! I know what I believe!

If you've got better sources than the Guardian and the Independent then by all means carry on

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So he's widely reported to have had interest from Marseille, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal - ALL of whom were put off by his excessive wage demands. Then Crystal Palace rock up, and all of a sudden those wage demands are "greatly reduced"....

4a3.gif

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So he's widely reported to have had interest from Marseille, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal - ALL of whom were put off by his excessive wage demands. Then Crystal Palace rock up, and all of a sudden those wage demands are "greatly reduced"....

4a3.gif

You got it , great innit .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If you've got better sources than the Guardian and the Independent then by all means carry on

We all know that Palace are paying well over the odds.. how many players are now on in excess of 100k a week? Frightening for a small club like Palace

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Spuds? What are you 12 years old?

I have genuinely heard it all when Palace who aren't even the 4th biggest team in London start comparing themselves to Spurs.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I have genuinely heard it all when Palace who aren't even the 4th biggest team in London start comparing themselves to Spurs.

I haven't have I .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Obviously Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea scrap at one level, but fourth is more subjective. Depends on your criteria who you'd pick between Palace, Fulham and Watford (if you count them as London).

So SIXTH then*

*until Brentford open their new ground...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You got it , great innit .

I think "unlikely" is probably more accurate. But then your mob think nothing of pouring a totally unsustainable 80% of your overall turnover directly into the players pockets (which is by far and away the highest % in the entire division). There's no discernible transfer strategy, no long-term transfer targets. CPFC2010 just seem to play a game of Transfer Whack-A-Mole every window - a random scattergun approach to try and land whoevers name has popped up in the papers lately.

I can just see Disney and Not-So-Bright coming in each morning, sitting down and browsing the snippets in The Sun for potential signings. For all the world that looks like the extent of the CPFC2010 recruitment strategy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here