Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Game - Fancy Dress

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

This Portillo look, I hope some people don't go looking like Norman Baker. :ohmy:

Apologies for the photo of Baker.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The mildly amusing thing about this Portillo idea is that I'm sure plenty of the Portillo-dressers in attendance won't bother with the Bradshaw's Guide, they'll just wear brightly coloured slacks and blazers.

Other, non-Albion, onlookers won't register that they're meant to be Portillo: they'll just assume that a fair percentage of Brighton & Hove Albion fans dress like, and quite possibly are, total WEIRDOS :lol:

The mildly amusing thing about this Portillo idea is that I'm sure plenty of the Portillo-dressers in attendance won't bother with the Bradshaw's Guide, they'll just wear brightly coloured slacks and blazers.

Other, non-Albion, onlookers won't register that they're meant to be Portillo: they'll just assume that a fair percentage of Brighton & Hove Albion fans dress like, and quite possibly are, total WEIRDOS :lol:

Anyone who aspires to look or dress like Portillo is a weirdo in my book.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Anyone dressing up and NOT taking 'a Bradshaw' is SILLY.

Any suitable sized 10p old book from a charity shop will do, wrapped in a home-made 'Bradshaw' dust cover. Doesn't matter how shit your home-made cover is, does it? The shitter the better, frankly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
aaa61f4409c4fd9bf72794db9878d88d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are leaders, and there are followers. This is from 2007 in Cheltenham, featuring [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION], who has a tongue like and electric eel and LOVES the taste of a man's tonsils. Only Gay In Brighton.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Liking this from a Sunderland board:

Michael Portillo's clothes...

Bit of a dandy like......watching him on the excellent Great Continental Railway Journeys and he's been like a ****ing peacock......pink trousers matched with a royal blue blazer......bright red blazer, tangerine trousers, yellow shirt....every colour under the rainbow.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/michael-portillos-clothes.1147742/

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Any suitable sized 10p old book from a charity shop will do, wrapped in a home-made 'Bradshaw' dust cover. Doesn't matter how shit your home-made cover is, does it? The shitter the better, frankly.

I hope they do make the effort with the book.

I'm worried that I might get to Villa Park and, after spotting some chap in a mustard coloured blazer, aquamarine shirt and fuchsia slacks, go to congratulate him on his superb fancy dress effort.

Only for him to look bemused and go "What?".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'm worried that I might get to Villa Park and, after spotting some chap in a mustard coloured blazer, aquamarine shirt and fuchsia slacks, go to congratulate him on his superb fancy dress effort.

Only for him to look bemused and go "What?".

I think someone probably has paid for the rights to wear mustard at football, so you won't be able to put up a photo of it on NSC, or anywhere else for that matter.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

.... spotting some chap in a mustard coloured blazer, aquamarine shirt and fuchsia slacks, ....

Translation for the men who (like me) have no idea what colours exist outside of the main primary colours - mustard = yellow, aquamarine = blue, fuschia = pink (that's a pale kind of red).

Once I hear (usually) women start talking about 'taupe', I am completely lost... :ffsparr:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think someone probably has paid for the rights to wear mustard at football, so you won't be able to put up a photo of it on NSC, or anywhere else for that matter.

Where do we stand on cerise, aubergine, vermillion and taupe?

Stumpy Tim

You make a good point. I'll have to pop out at lunch and get one today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here