Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior - Signing of the Season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fixed for accuracy.

This side is so good, that we can absorb one or two injuries to outstanding players like Rosenior, but back then, the squad wasn't deep enough to absorb four or five key injuries. I'd say it was now though!

Should have signed a replacement for Chicksen but that is now water under the bridge we certainly look much stronger in depth as a team/squad now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And to think he is keeping out a very good recognised left back ! Great signing, brilliant pro

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice to see Liam getting some recognition. I think he has been outstanding for us this season, and I agree that it was his return that was the catalyst for our initial return to form. A proper professional footballer who works hard and is a great character to have around the club. A superb signing.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He LOVES a bit of crowd cheerleading/fist pumping.

I do love how he always applauds the East stand before the game, and then makes the point of walking alongside the sponsor board at the end of the game to applaud the crowd.

A brilliant addition to the squad and typifies the #together theme of the season.

I said to my son on Tuesday, Liam, Kayal, Stockdale and Bruno were still on the pitch applauding at the end, they are the heartbeat of the team at the moment.

The best must be signing the papers sacking David Burke.

Rare I say this about BG, but I have to agree with this.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Of course, I've only seen the guy on TV, but his dad comes across as a PROPERLY nice bloke. I loved this comment when Liam joined:

"As soon as my dad found out that he (Hughton) was interested in signing me he said he would have driven me here himself, so that speaks volumes."

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Amazed to see 'Skalak', 'Manu' and 'flop' in the same sentence (appreciate you are referencing others) !! Only started a handful of games, has half a dozen assists and goal of the season already. Don't think Jiri is anywhere close to being comparable with Manu, or anywhere close to being a flop.

Oh, I agree - i bloody love the bloke. I'm just referring to the misery brigade who love to slam players who haven't scored a hat-trick and ended world hunger after 10 minutes on the pitch.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't help reflecting on all the positive comments from Hull supporters when he joined us and their disappointment at his being let go.
Hull Fans 1 Steve Bruce 0

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Great player and pro.

Our wobble mid season coincided with him being out (and others I know) but we've looked a much better side since he's been back and shored up the left side.

Felt Murphy struggled a bit on the left till he was back also.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh, I agree - i bloody love the bloke. I'm just referring to the misery brigade who love to slam players who haven't scored a hat-trick and ended world hunger after 10 minutes on the pitch.

As I said earlier in the thread, I think there is nobody saying that now. They arguably had a point when he first joined, as long as you completely ignored that he had just moved to this country and had only started one or two games.

For what it's worth, I think Skalak is going to be an amazing signing. If you look at what he already offers, imagine if Hughton can work on him and get him to develop his quality from open play.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
I was very surprised we got him - what went wrong at Hull for him?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was very surprised we got him - what went wrong at Hull for him?
Bruce is a fool. A good mate of mine is a big Hull fan and he was gutted to see him leave. He also said he didn't know any other Hull fans who thought it was a good decision.

I love LR. Won't ever forget him being the first one over to the crowd at MK. Thumping his chest, chucking his shirt. PROPER passion. He's a diamond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here