Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any progress at Selhurst?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolute no chance this going ahead if they get relegated despite what Parish says. Fingers crossed

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not that funds ARE in place then. Just the "plans" to. What happened to this ringfenced money we were told about (that doesn't appear on their accounts).

Telling.

"Plans" meaning Parish is going to ask the yanks for some more money because they've pissed the original cash up the wall. Whichever way you look at it, the "ringfenced" money was always a load of bullshit and they will have to borrow it from somewhere. If they can. That will mean having to pay it back, with interest.

I think EP did some interesting calculations based on the cost / repayments / increased income and they didn't look good. Of course the goon squad rubbished the figures because "they have the ringfenced cash".

All good fun!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Before work can start, the club and council bosses have been locked in negotiations over the terms of the Club’s Section 106 obligations. These obligations were set out by the planning committee and in the club's proposal, meaning as part of the redevelopment the club has to fund transport and community improvement initiatives.

Those negotiations have not yet concluded, and as such, there is no start date as yet for the project.
At the conference on Tuesday, Parish also said that plans to fund the redevelopment were now in place, but that negotiations were continuing with the council relating to the purchase of land and houses that is a condition of planning permission.As such, there is no confirmed date as yet for the start of the project

Good luck with that, compulsory purchases of land and houses in London....

Held to ransom, this is a pipe dream.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Apart from reports that they want Defoe in the Jan window ..... shows their ambition does it not ... a 36y/o out of favour striker to get them goals

To be fair, I would t be averse to Defoe coming on loan for the rest of the season.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good luck to Palace and their redevelopment plans.
I'm fed up with all this twatty rivalry between the clubs.It never used to be quite so daft!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just leaving this here.
cdfb179a2873c8a10f36d7db40a46410.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only When I see the first Yosser lorry turn up outside with a full load of ship lap will I believe that something wonderful is happening.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Are we talking architecturally or evolutionary? I think progress is being made albeit slowly, on both fronts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I asked [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] a question, a couple of days ago, no reply yet.

[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] hasn’t been on here since the day time of the 4th Dec - strange one :lol:

Don’t forget he/she also assured us Liftus-Cgeek was definately going back to them in a the Summer..

Postcode boy hasn’t shown his face either [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION]

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yeah, cos we were all so friendly back in the 70's and 80's weren't we? :ffsparr:

Perhaps there are more twats around today!
Nothing wrong with friendly rivalry, but I find the whole Palace/ Brighton thing rather boring now.
I suppose a lot of it can be put down to the name calling from both sides on social media, these days.
Unimaginative and predictable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here