Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I fear for our players

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Let's face it, Burnley aren't about subtlety or finesse. They are synonymous with snarling in yer face aggression. I'm more concerned about potential injuries than the result today.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Have they injured lots of opposition players this season?

I can't stand Burnley, but don't think we should be scared of them.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We aren't a team of shrinking violets ourselves and Dale's potentially back in midfield too. I think the Burnley game against Liverpool and subsequent comments may put the ref on watch for anything too aggressive. What odds on another sending off?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Have they injured lots of opposition players this season?

I can't stand Burnley, but don't think we should be scared of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46472412

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez could be out for six weeks after fracturing his left leg during Wednesday's victory over Burnley.

The 21-year-old England international was taken off after 23 minutes following a challenge with Clarets captain Ben Mee.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At least Bong isn’t playing... well probably not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46472412

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez could be out for six weeks after fracturing his left leg during Wednesday's victory over Burnley.

The 21-year-old England international was taken off after 23 minutes following a challenge with Clarets captain Ben Mee.

We actually murdered Doncaster and Middlesbrough players in savage tackles. True story.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is that right that all 4 sending offs have been within 4 minutes of half time?

Duffy was off inside the first half hour on Tuesday, Stephens on 34 mins vs Cardiff, Maddison on 28 mins for Leicester and Mounie 32 mins for Hudds.

So none of them were.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let's face it, Burnley aren't about subtlety or finesse. They are synonymous with snarling in yer face aggression. I'm more concerned about potential injuries than the result today.

Our lot can look after themselves. Lets face it, Burnley are the closest match to Brighton in terms of playing style and attitude. No wonder we cancelled out two 0-0 draws last year

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What has that got to do with anything!!!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Probably a reference to our less inclusive Northern chums.......although other non-white players are available for the direction of offensive chants, obviously.....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What has that got to do with anything!!!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

They have taken a dislike to him for telling on Burnley born Jay Rodriguez.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bardsley is a thug and the Burnley player most likely to injure anyone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley are the closest match to Brighton in terms of playing style and attitude.

They really aren’t.

In their last appearance at the Amex, other than defend, their only attacking intent was long balls hoofed to Wood. They were also kicking the ball out of play on purpose to the applause of the Ginger Dalek. The most ‘Anti-Football’ team we saw last season. We’ve never been that bad, even away from home.

However they were brilliantly organised last season with a fantastic attitude which is a fair comparison.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here