Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why did the ref give him a talking to in the first half, anyone know? It was after i think it was Montoya or Balogun slid in on Zahaha to put the ball out of play, Mr Tumble clearly wasn't happy with the challenge (when is he?) and the ref called March and Dunk over and had what looked like strong words with March.

As for his performance, superb again and another assist, keep it going Solly.

Goodness knows...fair tackle (no free kick given) and yet he got a lecture from Kevin

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why did the ref give him a talking to in the first half, anyone know? It was after i think it was Montoya or Balogun slid in on Zahaha to put the ball out of play, Mr Tumble clearly wasn't happy with the challenge (when is he?) and the ref called March and Dunk over and had what looked like strong words with March.

As for his performance, superb again and another assist, keep it going Solly.

Friend said “I’ve given him protection so now you can banjo the tumbling ***t properly.”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Come on leaps and bound over the last few weeks, he’s clear a confidence player.

Good to see him taking people on and beating them, seems to be getting stuck in on people as well now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If you can't beat him...

march2.jpg

...you'll have to resort to this.

march.jpg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Back in his natural position Solly has got his game back. Not been the easiest season for him but to have stuck at it and work his way back to form is tremendous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What, so Hughton isn't an idiot then? And maybe that Bruno lad, who a few seasons back said March was our most skillful player, knows a thing or two too? Blimey.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I think he might have moved up a level in recent weeks. I recall a few years back I did not think much of his ability and was slagging him off in the stands in a game against Cardiff. Second half he came out and he was like a totally different player - well and truly shut me up... It feels like a similar step-up/improvement has taken place now.

Perhaps the games he has played out of position have given him that little bit more experience and made him feel even more confident in his normal role on the wing. Lets face it he has been sublime since moving back to Right Midfield.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What, so Hughton isn't an idiot then? And maybe that Bruno lad, who a few seasons back said March was our most skillful player, knows a thing or two too? Blimey.

This.

Whilst his form has been in and out, based on current form Solly is arguably our best wide player (given that Knockaert is on the bench).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Goodness knows...fair tackle (no free kick given) and yet he got a lecture from Kevin

I think Dunk got called over to calm down March.
Who had been giving some verbals to Zaha after Zaha had been whingeing about being fairly challenged, frequently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think he might have moved up a level in recent weeks. I recall a few years back I did not think much of his ability and was slagging him off in the stands in a game against Cardiff. Second half he came out and he was like a totally different player - well and truly shut me up... It feels like a similar step-up/improvement has taken place now.

Perhaps the games he has played out of position have given him that little bit more experience and made him feel even more confident in his normal role on the wing. Lets face it he has been sublime since moving back to Right Midfield.

Remember that game...and it all started when he begun to ''put his foot in''....he was up against Fabio(?) who just couldn't get near him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst his form has been in and out, based on current form Solly is arguably our best wide player (given that Knockaert is on the bench).
Tough one to call, as I think Izzy is brilliant when on form too, and Knocky ain't half bad. AJ could be great yet, he's not been here long.

March being a confidence player isn't breaking news, we knew that when he suddenly improved in the game against Cardiff back in the Championship, and no doubt we will still see some poor performances from him. The same seems to be true of all of our wingers, so let's be thankful we have a great group of them who will push each other and all get a chance at some point.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The same seems to be true of all of our wingers

I think that is true of all wingers.
they are only considered to be having a good game if they are tearing up the opposition.

March is a much subtler player than the other three wingers we have, but much more consistent.
IMO he gets picked regularly because he does the job asked of him, which stifles him a bit.

He rarely has a bad game, but equally he rarely lights up the game in the way AK and Izzy can.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
I thought he was our best player in the 2nd half. Superb! Bissouma edged him out overall, but i thought he was magnificent

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
it was noticeable that when Knocky came on ... he stayed on the left and March stayed on the right .. maybe at last CH sees what I believe is that March is much better on the right side and Knocky although prefers the right did a good job on the left .. food for thought

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huge credit to March, for realising he could improve and then doing it. Obviously as a local lad you were desperate for him to cut it at Premier League level, but I'll admit to a couple of doubts at the start of the season over things like decision-making and final delivery. But he has clearly worked on those things with the coaching staff, much like Dunk a couple of years ago began to cut out the silly mistakes, rash tackles and bookings to put himself into a different bracket.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think we saw a more physical side to Solly's game last night. Loved the way he got stuck into Zaha.

He's a player who can produce amazing moments out of nothing, and occasionally make nothing come from an amazing situation.

But getting better all the time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Huge credit to March, for realising he could improve and then doing it. Obviously as a local lad you were desperate for him to cut it at Premier League level, but I'll admit to a couple of doubts at the start of the season over things like decision-making and final delivery. But he has clearly worked on those things with the coaching staff, much like Dunk a couple of years ago began to cut out the silly mistakes, rash tackles and bookings to put himself into a different bracket.

I've always thought he has shirked a tackle. Looked timid when he should be physically committing. Couldn't say that about him last night though. He got right up Zaha's nose, and judging by the pictures on the other thread, Zaha should have been sent off.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I seem to remember [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (I think) saying that the club hierarchy predicted this could be Solly's breakthrough season. Looks like that might be coming true. Learning and being around the new recruits who – let's face it – look to be upgrades, could be paying dividends...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here