Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2,500+ Albion fans to Cardiff...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hadn't been to the bureau de change, before leaving.

Also I tried to get something around the stadium after the game, no.
I think I must have spied somewhere on the outskirts of Cardiff, but it wasn't 24 hour.
I then stopped at a third place, nothing, and at that point I gave up until I was back in the 21st century.

Definitely Maccy D's, Subway and KFC, plus an enormous ASDA, right next to the ground......or were you looking for fine dining and/or craft beer ? :D

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bit surprised about this as much prefer Everton as an away day and the travel time is pretty similar, plus it's on a Sunday lunchtime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely Maccy D's, Subway and KFC, plus an enormous ASDA, right next to the ground......or were you looking for fine dining and/or craft beer ? :D

I was in the Subway and it all started to get a bit silly between a few of the natives, so I decided to leave before I outed myself as 'not from round here, are you?'.

It's all slowly coming back to me, although I'll be jiggered if I can remember any of the game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd waiting to see how long it would be before Ppf posted a link to a youtube video. Think he's started slacking a bit, would have been on the first page in days gone by.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd waiting to see how long it would be before Ppf posted a link to a youtube video. Think he's started slacking a bit, would have been on the first page in days gone by.

Maybe he's taking his own advise and moving with the times.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I went in December 2016 and it was a horrific 90 minutes of Warnock anti football typified by the home fans getting in on the time wasting act by keeping the ball when it went out for a throw in. I won't ever be going back.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I went to Ninian park in 84, terrifying experience added to by Brighton winning 4-2. If there was one game i was happy to lose it was this - talk about hitting a hornets nest with a stick. Dozens of Cardiff remove from the away end during the match.:moo:

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I went to Ninian park in 84, terrifying experience added to by Brighton winning 4-2. If there was one game i was happy to lose it was this - talk about hitting a hornets nest with a stick. Dozens of Cardiff remove from the away end during the match.:moo:

My first away day as a 16 year old. My nose has never been the same shape since :mad:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
It's amazing how times HAVE changed - less than 20 years ago, most fans would have given Cardiff a swerve because of the bother.

Case in point, around 2000-2003 time (ish, don't quote me exactly) we had Bristol City and Cardiff away in two successive away matches.....we took something like 350-400 max to Cardiff (and some of our fans got turned over badly, as was mentioned on here years ago and 2.5 thousand went to Bristol for a great day out and a Bobby/Lee Steele (cannot remember!) victory. Cardiff and Bristol are pretty close...…...but who seriously wanted the aggravation of Cardiff away back in the day, unless you were Daz or his mates?

Anyway, fair play to the masses going Saturday, especially as it's on the box and we'll get a draw at best.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm going again after 2015 and 2016. All my relatives are Cardiff City - so please, please CH and the lads - don't let me down like the 2015 debacle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here