Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

Which Government do you think will benefit in new tax receipts from EasyJet moving functions and operating out of their new Austrian Company and who will lose out in tax receipts - Vienna or London?

Easyjet will still have a base here, the way people are going on it's like Easyjet are leaving this country completely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easyjet will still have a base here, the way people are going on it's like Easyjet are leaving this country completely.

No, no one said EasyJet we’re leaving the UK. It was clearly stated, in plain English, they are shifting ops. Stop moving the goal posts.

You said no UK jobs would be affected. Please explain.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Once you have coughed up what you owe you can go.

art 50.jpg

About £12.7 billion for the remaining year and a bit,unless the EU stop fannying about!:lolol::whistle:tick-tock tick-tock

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah,the groovy gang have started up their all gang up on one person again.Some people just never forget the power they felt as school bullies-sad,but predictable.Few of them missing,so maybe their internet privileges have been withdrawn!:lolol:
I hope EasyJet Europe have better luck than Air Berlin,Alitalia etc.Lots of low-cost airlines go bust in Europe,tax climate must be harsher.They will not stop flying from this country,so will pay their usual taxes on fuel,landing rights,and buy their food from UK catering as our food will be much cheaper than in Europe.Taxes paid on profits are next to nothing-most of their cash is re-invested into assets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah,the groovy gang have started up their all gang up on one person again.Some people just never forget the power they felt as school bullies-sad,but predictable.Few of them missing,so maybe their internet privileges have been withdrawn!:lolol:
I hope EasyJet Europe have better luck than Air Berlin,Alitalia etc.Lots of low-cost airlines go bust in Europe,tax climate must be harsher.They will not stop flying from this country,so will pay their usual taxes on fuel,landing rights,and buy their food from UK catering as our food will be much cheaper than in Europe.Taxes paid on profits are next to nothing-most of their cash is re-invested into assets.

What is it with Brexiteers now repeatedly making unfounded statements like this. [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] earlier, now you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Whilst you're here, I see your local rag ran a #projectfear article over a 'no deal' scenario yesterday for the second city - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-would-lose-almost-7-13799585

All lies obviously. Still, interesting article in there on the Blues at Millwall on Saturday though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whilst you're here, I see your local rag ran a #projectfear article over a 'no deal' scenario yesterday for the second city - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-would-lose-almost-7-13799585

All lies obviously. Still, interesting article in there on the Blues at Millwall on Saturday though.

They're football reporting has always been excellent,although they do seem to crib some from the Express & Star!Just couldn't get into the financial report-as soon as I saw it was from the London School of Economics I burst out laughing-they know as much about Brum as Robert Mugabe knows about World Health.:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
But we're still waiting for the EU to reply to our request for another 2 years membership (or implementation, as some would have it :lolol:) tick-tock, tick-tock

Well,they have only got 17 months left so tick-tock indeed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which Government do you think will benefit in new tax receipts from EasyJet moving functions and operating out of their new Austrian Company and who will lose out in tax receipts - Vienna or London?

if i may, as they are still listed in London, thats where thier profits will be reported and taxed. any new/transfered jobs will create some tax revenue for Austria, though this is small admin team, the company is only registering their aircraft there and not moving their base there.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
if i may, as they are still listed in London, thats where thier profits will be reported and taxed. any new/transfered jobs will create some tax revenue for Austria, though this is small admin team, the company is only registering their aircraft there and not moving their base there.

I know full well their primary listing remains The LSE. Vienna benefits though and The Austrian Government and Austrian media were lapping this announcement up in July and were most bullish and excited about what it means for them down the road - (an old Austrian acquaintance told me all this at the time, though she wasn't too keen on their Orange livery.)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The city's aflood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled in dust
I'll show you a place
High on a desert plain
Where the streets have no name.................................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here