Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] One Plus 6T

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have an OG Pixel XL and love it, first time possibly ever that I have been due an upgrade and not gone for one. This looks nice though, good price too.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A slightly unfair comparison to be honest.

Why? Been looking at various phones for my daughter as an Xmas present. Hadn't looked at this one, more than i wanted to pay at £450 odd, sim free.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Btw i have a Blackview BV9000 as a work phone. Not the greatest for speed but its not bad - but its near damn indestructible. Waterproof, drop from roof and still works fine. Video works underwater.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why? Been looking at various phones for my daughter as an Xmas present. Hadn't looked at this one, more than i wanted to pay at £450 odd, sim free.

I would class the Pixel as a top tier phone up there with Apple and Samsung.
It's £740 odd.

One Plus 6t is £470 and I'd put it at the top end of the mid-tier phones.

Price difference due partly to better camera lens and software amongst other things.

Therefore unfair to directly compare the two, particularly cameras, imo.

Regardless, I'd 100% recommend the 6T unless you want the best camera and software available (then go for Pixel 3).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Given the advances in technology, isn't each next phone we buy "the best phone we have ever owned" by default? I'll be mightily disappointed if my next phone, whatever it may be, is not better than my now two-and-a-bit years old iPhone 7 Plus.

True. I am meaning in a respective manner, the phone has no drawbacks as far as I am concerned, apart from the camera. Previous phones I've had, I have also loved but there were more flawed.

I would class the Pixel as a top tier phone up there with Apple and Samsung.
It's £740 odd.

One Plus 6t is £470 and I'd put it at the top end of the mid-tier phones.

Price difference due partly to better camera lens and software amongst other things.

Therefore unfair to directly compare the two, particularly cameras, imo.

Regardless, I'd 100% recommend the 6T unless you want the best camera and software available (then go for Pixel 3).

I am intrigued about the software. 100% agree on Oneplus cameras, but the software is very close to vanilla android and if you don't like it, then perhaps android isn't for you? Oneplus are also the quickest manufacturer to give software updates apart from Google itself. That's discounting Essential which doesn't really have a presence here on this side of the pond.

Oneplus CANNOT be beaten for value atm as imo their phones are with the exception of the camera, high end, often the most blazingly fast android phones and have a very good build quality for a mid-range price. They are better than the Nexus range in value and performance and that's the market they initially appealed to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sadly not. I have seen this solution on the OnePlus forum, and obviously worked for some, but not me.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
Upgraded to Pie this morning. Just read some comments on Reddit that the Bluetooth problems that had plagued OnePlus since Oreo, have been sorted! Worth a try! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here