Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] One Plus 6T

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
most phones are the same bar a few minor things.

Anyone willy waving about something that in all likely hood is barely any different from everyone elses deserves 50 lashes.

As Roman Ranganathan put it so well......

"You haven't unplugged from the matrix "

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I have a Oneplus 3T. It is a very good phone (and relatively inexpensive), apart from two things you should watch out for;

1. It really doesn't like public wifi - takes several attempts to connect
2. Following an update to Android last year the phone won't connect to my car's speakers for calls via bluetooth. It is fine for listening to music etc, but phone calls are silent. I have never made many calls from the car so this isn't a big problem for me, but many Oneplus 5 users have reported it, and it still isn't fixed. It would be interesting to hear if this problem affects the 6T.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have a Oneplus 3T. It is a very good phone (and relatively inexpensive), apart from two things you should watch out for;

2. Following an update to Android last year the phone won't connect to my car's speakers for calls via bluetooth. It is fine for listening to music etc, but phone calls are silent. I have never made many calls from the car so this isn't a big problem for me, but many Oneplus 5 users have reported it, and it still isn't fixed. It would be interesting to hear if this problem affects the 6T.
My 5T works fine in the car.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I just purchased the best phone in the world, anyone else joining? [emoji16]

ta312conb.jpg

Got one already! :thumbsup:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Would do but I'm poor.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I have a 5t and it has no problem whatsoever with wifi.

The bluetooth problem can be ameliorated by changing the AVRCP setting in Developer Options. I initially has the same problem you describe but it was an easy fix.

My phone is almost a year old and is still lightning fast, in fact the best phone I have owned, but the camera is nowhere near as good as the Nexus 6p's that I had before.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Green Cross Code Man;8655406My phone is almost a year old and is still lightning fast said:
Given the advances in technology, isn't each next phone we buy "the best phone we have ever owned" by default? I'll be mightily disappointed if my next phone, whatever it may be, is not better than my now two-and-a-bit years old iPhone 7 Plus.

Maybe camera quality is an ongoing OnePlus weakness. It's a small sample size, but I thought the photos looked poor compared to the Pixel 3 in the Unbox Therapy review (jump to 7:15 if you can't be arsed to watch it all):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6ZJTSja4s

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I have a 5t and it has no problem whatsoever with wifi.

The bluetooth problem can be ameliorated by changing the AVRCP setting in Developer Options. I initially has the same problem you describe but it was an easy fix.

My phone is almost a year old and is still lightning fast, in fact the best phone I have owned, but the camera is nowhere near as good as the Nexus 6p's that I had before.

Thanks, I have updated the AVRCP from 1.4 to 1.6 and will try it in the morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
teasmaid-11800112.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills