Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever bumped into someone you know?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
On holiday in Swanage in 1968 and a girl from my class at school trots past on the beach.

Strolling through the centre of Amsterdam in 1989 and I bumped into the assistant manage from the Royal Pavillion Tavern, who regularly used to proposition me (and the other good looking ones) when I worked there in 1979.

The funning thng about coincidences is how rare they actually are. If you work out the odds then on average, over time, they occur with the same frequency as one would expect.

Now, who would EVER have thought that? Spooky, that's what I call it! :lizard::smokin:

Was the asst mgr Tony??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We were in a small honey shop in a secluded part of Mount Etna, Sicily, and my son’s school teacher walked in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was randomly placed next to [MENTION=22473]mac04[/MENTION] at a conference dinner in Ireland a few years back. Neither of us knew the other would be there and there's no way the organisers could have known that we were friends. We're friends from school and sit next to each other at the Amex.

I think he's got a story about bumping into another old school friend of ours on a train somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sat in a biker bar in Copenhagen with my ex girlfriend and i hear an English accent you obviously look up, oh holy hell, there stood at the bar was “the cock” (do kids still use that term ?) of my old school and on the last day just 10 years earlier I’d called him a feckin wankeer through the safety of the bus window as it drove off.....

Thankfully he’d forgotten....

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I joined the army after leaving school. Several years later I was sitting in a Land Rover in the middle of the Canadian prairies when a helicopter landed and one of my old school mates stepped out. A couple of years after that I was sitting in my car on the Dover-Zeebrugge ferry heading to Germany when the guy in the car next to me honked his horn - it was him again.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sitting in my car in a motorway traffic jam up north somewhere, in the lane the where you are diverted to the other side of the motorway in a single lane. Sitting there for a while. My phone rings. I answer hands free. It’s one of my team. He was sitting in the car behind me and had realised it was me

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
In Sydney in the mid 90s,was coming out of a pub down by the rocks and someone called My name,it was an old school
Friend that was back packing round Oz also..
In a bar in Zante,bumped into an old shipmate who gone on the trott about 6 years previous,He wanted to know if the Navy were still looking for Him,I’d been out for a few years so couldn’t answer his question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Two incidents of people working with me whilst I was in Spain.
1/ Back in England one winter I was going up an underground escalator and a co-worker was coming down in the opposite direction.
2/ Whilst on holiday in Mexico another co-worker was in the room next to me at the hotel. It was a week though before we met.
One other, on a small four seater plane flying out from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon the other couple were from Crowborough (but we didn't know them).

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Two incidents, once on a remote beach in Kerala,southern India, my wife and I met another couple walking towards us and he was a friend and work colleague and my wife knew his wife quite separately .
Last year I met my cousin on a plane going to Toulouse and I had not seen him for 10 years.We now see him every few months.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Khao San Road, Bangkok. Bumped into my Lewes and District Sunday morning league team mate. Got a bit drunk /etc shortly after in celebration

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I saw [MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION] Running along a road in Essex with a yellow away shirt on. Identified him through Strava. Boring but true.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
In my younger days I was surfing off Fistral beach in Newquay when the waves disappeared and we were just floating waiting for the next break. I then heard an 'alright mate' and a guy I worked with was next to me while I was literally bobbing about in the ocean. I asked 'what you up to?' In surprise and he said 'surfing' funny c***

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
At the FA Cup final replay I was at the the front of the upper tier of terraces. Some fighting broke out below us. Someone reached up for a hand up out of the way and it was a Pompey fan I was at Uni with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here