Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

D

Deleted member 22389

The ugly side of Labour, don't think people realise what type of Labour they are voting for here. Now I understand why so many quit the Party.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Survation / Mail on Sunday Poll conducted this morning (ie after QT): Con 40 (-6%) Lab 39 (+5%) LD 8% UKIP 5 % Others 9%

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Were sentenced. Were sentenced ffs!

Wouldn't happen in Ger......................................oh.......

A fair cop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My point has nothing to do with shy Tories, which has already been accounted for in this and other polls (to varying extents).

The point is they are taking a big gamble on younger voter turnout being similar to the 2015 GE. This is the main reason they are an outlier compared to most other polls. YouGov, for example, think voter turnout will be similar to 2010 GE when the turnout was higher. A higher turnout means more young people, who are massively more likely to vote Labour, will actually make their way down to the polling booth.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/01/pollsters-experimental-election/

I think this thread also proves there are many hostile individuals on those right of centre, too. As we have also already been over.

The right has nothing on evil cuntishness compared to the left.

If that was the determining factor, the left wouldn't spend most of their time in the wilderness of politics looking in thinking "wish that was us."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its not about finding it distasteful at all, he was simply stumped on the issue with his policy not matching the demands and rigours surrounding defence.
We are talking about National Defence here, the hypotheticals around it are not ridiculous or cheap, and neither do you have to be relegated to the level of a loony to consider it a massive policy issue, its not all rainbows and lollipops out in the wider world at the moment.
The rhetoric now of belittling the whole issue simply because Corbyn is uncomfortable discussing it is not helpful.

mmmmm..... :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]

I was in Hastings town centre at lunchtime earlier, feeling a bit hungover and shady, and this girl comes up to me and says "Do you wanna help kick out the Tories?" So I was like " Hell Yeah!" She was a Green in the 'progressive alliance'. I told her my thoughts on Amber Rudd and she agreed with me, we got chatting and I asked her about things and they think Hastings & Rye is 'in the balance'. They're amazed at the support they now have compared to the start, offset all the time against people who wont vote Labour because of Corbyn, but they think it's absolutely game on in Hastings.

Anyway, despite all her tattoos and stuff, she could see I obviously really liked her, so she offered to give me one!. Because of my hangover I obviously agreed at once, so we went over the road toward William Hill where she found her equally lovely Labour friend, who quick as a flash got it out for me, to which I took it for all it was worth and slipped it in, real quick, into my rucksack. There it is below, taken before I put in my front window - a poster. #forthemanynotthefew

20170603_202109[1].jpg

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If the people put Labour in power this is going to be worse than Blair. You look at some of the momentum posts on twitter, seems to me they hate old white people, it's really aggressive. Corbyn's vision doesn't sit comfortably with me whatsoever. Not his policies but the way his supporters talk. I think your example sums it perfectly and is a blueprint.

What, they hate old white people like Corbyn, Skinner, McDonnell?
I think they probably just hate old Tories.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
c4fe1b387ce94e3735f861fe0de1fc61.jpg
9 Tory men of a certain age (out of 120 audience) grilled Corbyn on IRA/Brexit/Trident/overseas aid.
= 29% of total Question Time questions.
Luckily, I suspect that these kinds of people are not the future.

Talking of the future - this gives us a good insight into what Corbyn's Britain would be like. Post photos of anyone who disagrees with him and put them into the public domain for all to see. This reminds me so much of what my family put up with in East Germany -the slightest hint of any deviation from the party line and you were really ostracised. Seem far-fetched to compare this with a communist dictatorship? Perhaps so, but this poster considers it acceptable to single out those who oppose the party line.

They put themselves in the public domain FFS by going on prime time telly and shouting their views to the world. This is nothing like a communist dictatorship, where indeed they they wouldn't have been on the television. I've never for one moment suggested that they aren't entitled to their views, and to express their views, and indeed would never suggest that - I was just observing that most of those who hated Corbyn, and got so red-faced about it on Question Time, seemed to be of a certain demographic.
Your response is nonsensical.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]

I was in Hastings town centre at lunchtime earlier, feeling a bit hungover and shady, and this girl comes up to me and says "Do you wanna help kick out the Tories?" So I was like " Hell Yeah!" She was a Green in the 'progressive alliance'. I told her my thoughts on Amber Rudd and she agreed with me, we got chatting and I asked her about things and they think Hastings & Rye is 'in the balance'. They're amazed at the support they now have compared to the start, offset all the time against people who wont vote Labour because of Corbyn, but they think it's absolutely game on in Hastings.

Anyway, despite all her tattoos and stuff, she could see I obviously really liked her, so she offered to give me on!. Because of my hangover I obviously agreed at once, so we went over the road toward William Hill where she found her equally lovely Labour friend, who quick as a flash got it out for me, to which I took it for all it was worth and slipped it in, real quick, into my rucksack. There it is below, taken before I put in my front window - a poster. #forthemanynotthefew

View attachment 86014View attachment 86014

Top man, one last THRUST and we're there

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If the people put Labour in power this is going to be worse than Blair. You look at some of the momentum posts on twitter, seems to me they hate old white people, it's really aggressive. Corbyn's vision doesn't sit comfortably with me whatsoever. Not his policies but the way his supporters talk. I think your example sums it perfectly and is a blueprint.

I don't think my post is a blueprint for hate. I don't hate anyone, anyone at all, as it happens. So you're wrong. As I've responded elsewhere, my comment was a simple empirical observation that the people haranguing Corbyn on TV seemed to be largely from a particular demographic - I do find them intimidating, with their finger-jabbing and aggression (and I find some leftist hardliners equally intimidating), and would feel more comfortable with them expressing their views more calmly (as Corbyn did), but I certainly don't hate them.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
lab2.jpg

lab3.jpg

lab5.jpg

lab4.jpg

Just some of the nasty Labour attack dogs. Charming look they all have. The guy at the top has connections to Brighton, Jordie Lewes is his name apparently and if you display a conservative poster he says you are open to being robbed.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here