Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Scotland

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The Channel Islands and The Isle of Man are also part of the British Isles but are not part of the UK, therefore the inclusion of Ireland is still not required unless all the other countries in the Euros are included.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
**** me .....you could well have poland as bed buddy soon ....surely the irish have earned a bit of an attachment....???

True. People will always feel connected to other cultures close to them. I look out for Poland's results these days simply because I have so many Poles around me.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Well said Alba, I had the misfortune to be in your homeland for the run up to the 78 World Cup, and as a proud Englishman I have had better experiences, however, once the tournament started things got a lot better for me, very quickly.
I still hate that bloody Allies Army song though

Moved to England just before Euro 96 so am used to all this. Most if it is good natured and I can laugh along but it can also get a bit much at times. You get the odd f*ckknuckle that just takes it too far then can’t understand when you tell them to feck off and say can’t you “take a joke”. Thankfully I don’t work in an office anymore so don’t have to put up with the so called “banter” every day. To get how it feels imagine working in a country full of Palace fans.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I see. Your miss the joke with your overly obsessive nature (something funny that everyone else gets and enjoys) and when another poster points out that it's just as logical to think in terms of the British Isles as it is the UK then you frantically scramble to justify your out-of-kilter-with-the-rest-of-the-world mentality, digging a deeper and deeper hole as more people point out your perverseness and you respond with ever more frenetic yet feeble attempts to shore up your oddness.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think there is a distinct possibility this 'studio150' chappy had no idea of his geography and that Ireland is encompassed in the British Isles, as I am amazed how many don't know this. But his 'get out' attempts have been mildly amusing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always wanted to be an island when I was young but my mum told me not to be Sicilly

Well f.uck off then..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think there is a distinct this 'studio150' chappy had no idea of his geography and that Ireland is encompassed in the British Isles, as I am amazed how many don't know this. But his 'get out' attempts have been mildly amusing.

I am fully aware of the make up of Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles the problem I have is why loads of people have this love in for Ireland given that they are not part of the UK and are not a home nation. It seems to me that when they are doing well lots of people recall Irish ancestors and look to embrace them. Despite the historical link there is no connection with England, and indeed if you are going by historical links should we not also be supporting France given that large tracks of northern France was once part of England.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am fully aware of the make up of Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles the problem I have is why loads of people have this love in for Ireland given that they are not part of the UK and are not a home nation. It seems to me that when they are doing well lots of people recall Irish ancestors and look to embrace them. Despite the historical link there is no connection with England, and indeed if you are going by historical links should we not also be supporting France given that large tracks of northern France was once part of England.

No, the French don't speak English.

Tree plus tree equals two trees.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You seem well informed. Did Scotland get out of the group stages?

To be fair, Scotland always seem to get lumbered with the Faroe Islands in qualifying. It's really unfair of UEFA (and FIFA) to make them play them all at once - they should be allowed to play them one at a time ... ... ... ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here