Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2017

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm sure this has been done to death and this argument has been discussed on here before, but I can't be arsed to read 22 pages of reviews.

What is everyone's opinion on the best fine dining/restaurant in Brighton?

I've been to 64 degrees and it was superb, I've always been a fan of The Gingerman but I haven't tried The Set, Isaac's or Etch so would appreciate views and advice.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I'm sure this has been done to death and this argument has been discussed on here before, but I can't be arsed to read 22 pages of reviews.

I've been to 64 degrees and it was superb, I've always been a fan of The Gingerman but I haven't tried The Set, Isaac's or Etch so would appreciate views and advice.

Isaacs, for me. Went there a few weeks ago - just superb.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

It's all a matter of opinion and taste of course but for me Etch is a cut above the rest.

Going to The Set on Saturday for the first time but I'll be surprised if I change my mind.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Difficult. I like 64 Degrees too, although I haven't been for a couple of years. Etch had some great moments, but was a little underwhelming at others too. I was really impressed with Silo, which has a very different philosophy to Etch but they manage to combine ingredients brilliantly, and make them taste better than you'd imagine they ever could be. Isaac's and Set are good too, all of which goes to show that Brighton's restaurant scene is on the up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Smokeys on the sea front:

Starters of squid, well cooked with a small salad and mains baby BBQ ribs and Mrs Hut had pulled pork.

Not spectacular but well cooked and plentiful portions, nice USA Cabernet Sauvignon

7/10

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Try Temper in Soho, been there a couple of times and as smokehouses go, it's in a league of its own.

Went here last night ! Will review fully later but top recommendation.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tried Petit Pois last night, overall very positive, and yet another good addition to the city's burgeoning restaurant scene. The thing that stood out was the sourcing, especially some delightful Pata Negra style ham from the French side of the Pyrenees, and some good oysters too. It's smaller plates, so we ploughed through a fair few, most -- especially those that are of the larger-size and closest to a main course -- represent pretty good value for money for the technique and ingredients.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's about time I posted another burger photo. Here you go.....messy.

Attachments

• IMG_7928.JPG
    IMG_7928.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 229

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

This actually looks really good this year. Last year it seemed to be mostly restaurants offering set menus at times when they would usually be offering the same thing at the same price (e.g. Midweek lunch) but there's a lot on there that includes booze and anytime dining. Will have to try and pick a couple and actually make it happen!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This actually looks really good this year. Last year it seemed to be mostly restaurants offering set menus at times when they would usually be offering the same thing at the same price (e.g. Midweek lunch) but there's a lot on there that includes booze and anytime dining. Will have to try and pick a couple and actually make it happen!

Agreed. Last year's was pretty poor but this one is good. The Cin Cin offer looks great value.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Went to The Urchin on Belfast St in Hove (used to be the Bell) on Sunday for the wife's birthday. Menu 100% shellfish and v big on craft beer. really well done food. Between the four of us we had salt and pepper squid, oysters, and prawn and scallop ceviche to start; mains were whole crab with garlic butter, whole lobster, Malaysian prawns, and chilli and dill mussels. Almost everything was really well done and a pint of Bibble from the Wild Beer Co. was excellent.

It is a proper pub with a dining area rather than a restaurant pretending to be a pub and has a nice courtyard garden so a good place to just have a beer and a snack.

Well worth a visit - only potential issue was that the service was incredibly slow - it was a Sunday afternoon and we were not in a rush so no huge problem but we had to miss pud because our two hour parking ticket had expired.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has anybody eaten at OM a Nepalese Restaurant in Worthing if so any reports of good bad or indifferent.

Several times, very good food mainly Indian themed but service can be erratic (slow) - give it a try

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is exactly what my brother in law said but suggested there for his 60th birthday family meal. He said it was good value for money. Think I shall take his and your advice and book

I would, nice set up and very friendly atmosphere.

Other options that way are Mahaan, Royal Jaipur, Shaffiques or Naz in Lancing (NB very tight on space)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's about time I posted another burger photo. Here you go.....messy.

Is that Hare and Hounds ?

Doing the Woods experience Friday hopefully will not be disappointed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that Hare and Hounds ?

Doing the Woods experience Friday hopefully will not be disappointed

I'm afraid not. That delight is from my Sunday night haunt herE called The Bird. That and a couple of Brooklyn EIPAS is a lovely way to end my weekend.

Woods is the Worthing burger joint?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here