Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Missed your response to my question but to show you the respect you didnt show, she is employed because she is very good and trustworthy. She are not cheap, no

Oh come along now cheap EU labour has been a boon for you pro EU types re driving down wages for cleaners, nannies etc. Obviously, you would welcome tens/hundreds of thousands of migrants competing for your job :lolol:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Oh come along now cheap EU labour has been a boon for you pro EU types re driving down wages for cleaners, nannies etc. Obviously, you would welcome tens/hundreds of thousands of migrants competing for your job :lolol:

When do the travellers morph into legal businesses? When they set up a company. Not a slave any more, an asset.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Does anyone believe that Brexit will be properly carried out and fulfilled, maybe i'm reading into this the wrong way but my gut feeling tells me that it will be achieved by means of name and by name only.. meaning that the whole bloody thing was nothing but a stitch up from start to finish. Sure this would make great reading for the remainers on here but if for nothing else at least it would further expose the government as the fraudsters and shits of who we already know them to be..
Just a horrid gut feeling i get at the pit of my stomach that's all.. hope the nightmare passes. .

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Very good interview with Dennis Skinner - Would be interested to hear any counter arguments against what he says.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's all ok everyone, Boris has just said the £350m per week we get will go into the NHS.

He's just playing politics aimed at dim people who don't understand what is going on. There won't be £350m for anything, let alone the NHS

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
boris :ffsparr: daft to drag up the £350m, detract from whatever else is said.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
OK, I've just made a detour to my local Spoons and I can't find any people from outside the UK behind the bar. Are they perhaps all locked up in the kitchen (sorry, microwave room)?

There's none behind the bar in my Wetherspoons either. Perhaps you should direct your questions to Mr Martin on why he's lobbying the Government for access to EU workers exactly as before after Brexit having campaigned for it though rather me now?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Student union bars? How can a 'substantial proportion' be stereotyping, it's a vague unquantifiable term. Agree JD's is a national treasure :thumbsup:

I can think of a couple of pubs in my neck of the woods that sell pints for £2.50 a pint on special offers. They make 'spoons in Hastings look like Sun City in comparison.

I agree that 'substantial proportion' is a vague, generalised term, 'less fortunate' is perhaps the more derogatory stereotypical term for Wetherspoon's clientele you use. As a Wetherpoon's drinker once-or-twice a week myself, I feel patronised and condescended at now. I should expect nothing less from you, one of Amber Rudd's henchmen though. :p

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
OK, I've just made a detour to my local Spoons and I can't find any people from outside the UK behind the bar. Are they perhaps all locked up in the kitchen (sorry, microwave room)?

Or perhaps your one weatherspoons is not representative of the whole country, maybe. This is the best kind of evidence based on one observation.

Great to see 350 million is back. Are we supposed to believe it this time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here