Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats below Sky lounge

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Could a similar setup be built in the north east corner? That corner still looks a little unfinished. I guess the big restriction would be maintaining the main stadium vehicle access underneath?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Looking good! It makes the South East corner look tidier and more finished off, I wonder if there are any plans to develop the North East corner to complete the look of the East Stand?

I think that is used for Disabled supporters. would be a bit controversial if it was built and kicked out folk in Wheelchairs. As far as I can see it's only one of very few disabled user friendly seats with a elevated view.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
1.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I reckon you could create a nice atmosphere in the seats underneath the lounge......that low ceiling would surely create a 'loudspeaker' effect. Shame it's in the away end, must be fair to build similar in the North east but not at the cost of any disable seating if that is where this area is used for.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I reckon you could create a nice atmosphere in the seats underneath the lounge......that low ceiling would surely create a 'loudspeaker' effect. Shame it's in the away end, must be fair to build similar in the North east but not at the cost of any disable seating if that is where this area is used for.

I think we sell this area to home fans. Next to the away fans granted but i think I saw it for sale.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt it once all the scaffolding is removed. You might not be able so see the whole stadium like before but the view of the pitch should be fine I think

As long as the ball is on the pitch. Once it goes above head height you won't see it till it drops down again (a-la the lower tier in the Anfield Road end).

Fully expecting a Pulis masterclass of aerial bombardment raining down on Ryan tomorrow, so anyone sat near the back underneath that studio will only get to see the ball occasionally.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, I know one of the roofers who has been working on it, and its apparently been a cuffing nightmare of a job. Clambering around on the roof of that studio with the stadium roof so low down and close, whilst trying to hump major pieces of equipment and materials into place around the steel girders. Doesn't sound like something like this was ever considered in the original stadium build. He can't wait to see the end of this job!

Looks good though dunnit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As an aside, I know one of the roofers who has been working on it, and its apparently been a cuffing nightmare of a job. Clambering around on the roof of that studio with the stadium roof so low down and close, whilst trying to hump major pieces of equipment and materials into place around the steel girders. Doesn't sound like something like this was ever considered in the original stadium build. He can't wait to see the end of this job!

Looks good though dunnit.

I'm not entirely sure about that as the SE corner was the only bit inside the stadium that has always looked a bit 'unfinished' with the internal cladding never put in place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not entirely sure about that as the SE corner was the only bit inside the stadium that has always looked a bit 'unfinished' with the internal cladding never put in place.

Maybe then.

At the time they built the Amex, I don't think there was a PL requirement for a 2nd studio to be in place, seem to remember reading somewhere that it was a more recent requirement. But perhaps they always had that corner pegged as a potential additional lounge or something.

Regardless though, they've done a good job on it. It looks like it belongs, certainly doesn't give the impression of being an afterthought.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I think they can be corporate sold when Sky don't need the box.

Only part of the new build is a TV studio. The rest is a new corporate lounge that will be used by American Express for customers, entertaining clients and sometimes for employees. The seats in front are for Lounge guests so I can't imagine they will be on general sale at any point this season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Only part of the new build is a TV studio. The rest is a new corporate lounge that will be used by American Express for customers, entertaining clients and sometimes for employees. The seats in front are for Lounge guests so I can't imagine they will be on general sale at any point this season.
Would it not make sense to sell these seats to Joe Public as Prime seats when Amex or Sky do not require them at certain matches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here