Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Such a ****ing stupid argument. So if you had money, you're basically not allowed to be human any more? Just walk around 24-7 with a beatific smile on your face? I don't think you understand how humans work. Regardless of your bank balance, you're still a human being. You have good days and shit days. You have arguments with people you love. You feel tired. You feel lonely. You have, y'know, normal emotions. Money isn't some magic pill that makes you stop being human.

But he doesn't JUST have money does he? He has a life and lifestyle that many of us would love to have. I wish I had the talent to play sport as a living. Even if I had the talent my late, hard-working parents could not have afforded to support me as Murray's parents did.. Let's pick another tennis player - Greg Rudeski. Had nowhere close to the talent that Murray has, and certainly made nowhere close to the money. But was he a miserable morose individual devoid of any sense of humour?

Of course professional sportsman have their off days. They are human. But Murray seems to have 365 off days a year.

He has the life that most of us could only dream of. You might like to think that he would be grateful for that.

(I was going to list current British sportsmen & women who aren't miserable buggers all the time. But I know you wouldn't get it, so what's the point huh?)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
But he doesn't JUST have money does he? He has a life and lifestyle that many of us would love to have. I wish I had the talent to play sport as a living. Even if I had the talent my late, hard-working parents could not have afforded to support me as Murray's parents did.. Let's pick another tennis player - Greg Rudeski. Had nowhere close to the talent that Murray has, and certainly made nowhere close to the money. But was he a miserable morose individual devoid of any sense of humour?

Of course professional sportsman have their off days. They are human. But Murray seems to have 365 off days a year.

He has the life that most of us could only dream of. You might like to think that he would be grateful for that.

If you think Murray lacks a sense of humour you really don't know enough about him.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Excellent. People can go back to not giving a shit about tennis for the next 50 weeks.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I was going to reply to rippleman but it just wasn't worth it. An incredibly bizarre take on the human condition! Reminded me of the US university survey when they compared the level of happiness of paralysed car accident victims with lottery winners, with surprising results.

Alright you click baiting son of a gun what were the results?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two Brits in the mixed doubles final. Team Watson against Team Hingis. I'd love to be a fly in that dressing room. It' a straight toss up between th two.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Two Brits in the mixed doubles final. Team Watson against Team Hingis. I'd love to be a fly in that dressing room. It' a straight toss up between th two.

Despite winning the competition last year, Heather Watson and Henri Kontinen were unseeded this year. Not quite sure how the seedings committee worked that one out. That said, Jamie Murray and Martina Hingis are 2 formidable doubles players so they would have to start as the favourites.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Federer looks very hard to beat tomorrow. That said, Cilic is the one guy who could possibly cause him a problem. He has been an excellent grass court player for several years now and was mightily unlucky to lose the final at Queen's a few weeks ago, despite not losing a service game in the whole of the final. He has been in great form all summer and has beaten several good grass courters on his run through to the final. He also took the first 2 sets off Federer in their quarter-final last year before Federer fought back.

The women's final today is definitely not the foregone conclusion some people believe it to be. Garbine Muguruza has recaptured her form on the run through to the final and especially since she beat Angelique Kerber in what arguably has been the match of the tournament up to now (although Jo Konta's matches against Vekic and Halep are in that conversation too). She's also dropped serve only 5 times I think on the run to the final.

She gave Serena Williams a difficult match in the final a couple of years ago and she's arguably a better player now. If she can put Venus Williams under some pressure on her second serves, I think she has a great chance of winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here