Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How come when a thread is locked...

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I don't actually disagree, I just find it galling that we cannot react to a post but mods can. My forum used to buzz back in the day, it got gobbled up by social media. It is still there but not quite the vibrant place it once was. But I would never allow someone to post on a locked thread. It sucks of elitism.

Could you not just have reacted to the post on the locked thread by starting a new thread to do just that? ...... oh

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't actually disagree, I just find it galling that we cannot react to a post but mods can. My forum used to buzz back in the day, it got gobbled up by social media. It is still there but not quite the vibrant place it once was. But I would never allow someone to post on a locked thread. It sucks of elitism.

It was just wrong timing as HKFC has already explained. He didn't notice the thread had been locked. Moderators do have additional privileges to be able to moderate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I won't patronise you further with a 'bangs head against the wall' smiley, but which part of 'I was not aware the thread had been locked', is so hard to understand? :shrug:

I acknowledged you didn't realise, you didn't acknowledge that deleting it would be the best thing to do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I acknowledged you didn't realise, you didn't acknowledge that deleting it would be the best thing to do.

I didn't because I don't believe IN THIS CASE it would be. That opening post was a hateful pack of lies, and that it is pulled apart is important, IMO. Far more important than upsetting any NSC users who feel any serious breach of forum protocol might have taken place.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I didn't because I don't believe IN THIS CASE it would be. That opening post was a hateful pack of lies, and that it is pulled apart is important, IMO. Far more important than upsetting any NSC users who feel any serious breach of forum protocol might have taken place.

Ok, I have no more to say. I think it is wrong, but I probably made too much of it. Carry on matron!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moderators can still post on it? A tad inconsistent wouldn't you say [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353118-Muslim-invasion&p=7983549&viewfull=1#post7983549

Sorry I'm in Tesco doing the shopping so have no idea what this is about. I'll check when I'm home.

However when threads are locked the ability to post isn't closed off to mods so it's perfectly possible to post without noticing the thread is closed. I've done it myself on more than one occasion.

I agree with your point though. Other than to post "This thread has been closed because...." or similar, a mod shouldn't be posting just to get the last word in. And I don't believe any of our mods would do that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just having run a forum that in its heyday got 1000+ posts a day, I wouldn't have allowed that. Personal preference I guess.

It's never been discussed let alone "allowed".

I've located a closed thread which I assume this is about. This is my phone screen capture. No indication the thread is closed. It's the software, not the rules of the house.

d33243e190a64cabc981aa30ae32828c.jpg

I've often criticised the moderating on here, but only for the lack of action, in my view, against Palace trolls.

Would I want to do it and deal with Mongs like me, not on your life.

As you were.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry I'm in Tesco doing the shopping so have no idea what this is about. I'll check when I'm home.

However when threads are locked the ability to post isn't closed off to mods so it's perfectly possible to post without noticing the thread is closed. I've done it myself on more than one occasion.

I agree with your point though. Other than to post "This thread has been closed because...." or similar, a mod shouldn't be posting just to get the last word in. And I don't believe any of our mods would do that.

They have, but hey, I already gave up making a point.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They have, but hey, I already gave up making a point.

I've now wasted 5-10 mins now to read the thread and it's exactly as I hypothesised may have happened, you've had explained to you and you still fail to believe it seems.

Mods make honest errors of judgement, like anyone can,but in this case it seems not.

As you were.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've now wasted 5-10 mins now to read the thread and it's exactly as I hypothesised may have happened, you've had explained to you and you still fail to believe it seems.

Mods make honest errors of judgement, like anyone can,but in this case it seems not.

As you were.

I already alluded to that :ffsparr:

Indeed, as we were.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've often criticised the moderating on here, but only for the lack of action, in my view, against Palace trolls.

Would I want to do it and deal with Mongs like me, not on your life.

As you were.

Indeed. I had the dubious pleasure of Modding a political board many moons ago ... horrendous experience. Had to tone down my opinions and developed a strong affinity with the UN.

Much nicer being the one spouting nonsense.

:bla: :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here