Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good to know we have a new 'hate' figure. I don't like the way he ties his boots

Not about 'hate' is it, more an observation from the OP - one which I agree with.

IF it is an attitude problem someone needs to sort him out, otherwise his career will go nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
interesting how people are comparing him to Tomori who had a bad first game and was slatted on this very same forum. The same Tomori that everyone now is (rightly) praising. I think people need to lay off him, and leave it to CH to deal with. We may still need this guy so alienating him is not the answer. It is all about attitude ( he must have the skill ) lets hope some of the senior professionals can help him get back on course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not about 'hate' is it, more an observation from the OP - one which I agree with.

IF it is an attitude problem someone needs to sort him out, otherwise his career will go nowhere.

I'm questioning Hughtons judgement then. If his attitude is so poor why is he in the match day squad still?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We're top of the league. Haven't you got anything better to do than look for faults in the latest victim? Sad muppet

In defence of [MENTION=33922]Jakeg[/MENTION], its a football forum, it would be abit boring (and not much activity) if every thread was about how great we are and that we can going to the holy grail that is the Premier League. The bloke has every right to praise or criticise any Brighton player and tbh I agree Akpom has been sh!t from what I have seen. He has chance to play a part in being promoted to The Premier League and getting a medal which is more than most Arsenal players get, and he seems to me to not give a sh!t.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
He may be shit but I'm not buying this "stinking attitude" nonsense based on five minutes of keepy uppy at half time.

If he had such a crap attitude, do you HONESTLY believe Sir Chris - - he of class, integrity and architect of the best team spirit we've probably never seen - would have let Akpom anywhere near our first team on Saturday or indeed tonight.

Give the guy a break FFS.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He has been given a break FFS, by CH letting him play, to which he has responded by showing no passion, no drive, nothing. He's a pro prem league player with a massive attitude problem. Or do we all have to give him a hug and tell him how grateful we are that he has graced us with his presence before he actually starts playing? He was brought in to do a job and he has not done it. I'm not judging him on his sulky warm up, I'm judging him on his performance, work rate and attitude on the pitch, which is piss poor.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In defence of [MENTION=33922]Jakeg[/MENTION], its a football forum, it would be abit boring (and not much activity) if every thread was about how great we are and that we can going to the holy grail that is the Premier League. The bloke has every right to praise or criticise any Brighton player and tbh I agree Akpom has been sh!t from what I have seen. He has chance to play a part in being promoted to The Premier League and getting a medal which is more than most Arsenal players get, and he seems to me to not give a sh!t.

Agreed and let us compare him to Wilson last season miles apart in attitude.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He has been given a break FFS, by CH letting him play, to which he has responded by showing no passion, no drive, nothing. He's a pro prem league player with a massive attitude problem. Or do we all have to give him a hug and tell him how grateful we are that he has graced us with his presence before he actually starts playing? He was brought in to do a job and he has not done it. I'm not judging him on his sulky warm up, I'm judging him on his performance, work rate and attitude on the pitch, which is piss poor.
Judging him for lack of effort on the pitch is one thing. Whinging over five minutes of half time keepy uppy smacks of kicking him when he's down, IMO.

I'm sure he is fully aware he was pony versus Blackburn and if Hughton saw it as lack of effort, he'll have been bollocked for that too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I too saw him warming up doing his headers and keepy uppys. It literally was about 15 seconds. He was stretching & concentrating.
Its a warm up. So bloomin what. "stinking attitude" is a laughable way of describing it.
What on earth should he have been doing. What a load of old guff this thread is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I too saw him warming up doing his headers and keepy uppys. It literally was about 15 seconds. He was stretching & concentrating.
Its a warm up. So bloomin what. "stinking attitude" is a laughable way of describing it.
What on earth should he have been doing. What a load of old guff this thread is.

Most of the half time break actually.

Did the stretching initially and then whilst the others were pinging cross-field balls, he was doing his own thing.

Perhaps he has a knock and doesn't want to exert himself, perhaps not, but this is a football forum and therefore the thread is relevant.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm questioning Hughtons judgement then. If his attitude is so poor why is he in the match day squad still?

Yes good point, and maybe he is excelling in training, which of course none of us know.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Most of the half time break actually.

Did the stretching initially and then whilst the others were pinging cross-field balls, he was doing his own thing.

Perhaps he has a knock and doesn't want to exert himself, perhaps not, but this is a football forum and therefore the thread is relevant.

He's quite good at the keepy uppys it has to be said.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Just an observation I don't know if other people noticed but I was watching akpom closely during half time, never in all my life as a football fan have I seen someone sulk the way he was. Had a ball out on his own doImg abit ball juggling and trying to show boat abit, making no attempt to interact with any or the other players, instead standing right between skalak, Norwood, sidwell and Murphy. Who ended up trying to pass a ball around him. Then one of the coaches pulled them all over for a quick warm up routine, he just proceeded to half assed jog along dribbling his ball putting in absolutely zero effort, when then sitting on the subs bench he sat on his own no where near any of the other players.
Sorry for the long winded description but after past weeks shocking performance surely some words have rightly been said. Compare him to Tomori though Tomori looks twice the player at a younger age who looks like an honest young pro with bags of potential willing to give the game his best shot, I think we all know who the better example of the two is.

Yes, i noticed that as well, never seen that before, hope he doesn't make the squad on Friday.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Though if he's not even warming up properly, I would disagree. Personally I think we'd do him a favour longer term by sending him back with 'flea in his ear'.

To succeed you must have a good attitude.

That's not the CH way. He spots a problem . He sorts it out internally, then if he can't he does as you suggest but it is not his default position. And anyhow, we don't even know if he has a bad attitude. He wouldn't even make the squad if he did.

I recall Solly when Chris first came in and most people thought he should go out on loan but CH knew the type of lad he was and he knew he needed an arm round him and his confidence built up so he kept him at the club and played him and that turned out to be the right decision. I think you have to judge Chris' judgement and not someone looking in from the outside and making rash guesses

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Like some have said, he doesn't fit our style of play. There are many clubs I'm sure he could play well. Furthermore, he hang been an important player for us which I am sure he had ambitions of being. There are many players who can be great, without the right vibe or feeling in the squad they won't reach their potential.
But what do I know, most of the games I can only get radio commentary, so not been lucky enough to see his halftime routine and wether or not his attitude at the club is right.
We are top of the league! Can't really grumble too much!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here