Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CIA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fucck sake, read the thread you dullard, I said nothing of the sort.

Hmmmmm. There seems to be a number of people misinterpreting what you're trying to see. What exactly are you trying to say? Instead of getting frustrated and resorting to name calling maybe try and explain yourself better?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just as an aside, I think "Coercive Interrogation Techniques" would be a good name for a heavy metal band.

:thumbsup: I'm thinkiong hardcore/crossover; C.I.T. will look excellent across the top of a t-shirt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cannot see ANY need for torture, when there are truth drugs, to get any info from "suspects"?

CIA et al seem to be power-crazed sadists.

Who do that when you can 'rectal feed' someone?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmmm. There seems to be a number of people misinterpreting what you're trying to see. What exactly are you trying to say? Instead of getting frustrated and resorting to name calling maybe try and explain yourself better?

I think his point is that if country admits when bad things happen, has a facility for redress or changing things, and demonstrates elements of openness and culpability that this is preferable to the alternative. This doesn't excuse the torture; in fact it does the opposite by pointing a direct finger at it, and those who perpetrated it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'll go one better, I'll re-read, and quote the sequence of posts for clarity. I think it's you that now needs to comment.
Thank you, I will,..... I responded that you CAN point fingers at Russia and China,........... you are obviously saying that the torture, human rights abuses, mass executions, political suppression and lack of any freedom of speech in these eastern dictatorships, are all to be ignored simply because the US has been brought to book for its own transgressions.

.....but that trend fits with your historical support of the various totalitarian regimes and terrorist organisations around the world.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think his point is that if country admits when bad things happen, has a facility for redress or changing things, and demonstrates elements of openness and culpability that this is preferable to the alternative. This doesn't excuse the torture; in fact it does the opposite by pointing a direct finger at it, and those who perpetrated it.
At last, someone who CAN see the wood for the trees.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you, I will,..... I responded that you CAN point fingers at Russia and China,........... you are obviously saying that the torture, human rights abuses, mass executions, political suppression and lack of any freedom of speech in these eastern dictatorships, are all to be ignored simply because the US has been brought to book for its own transgressions.

.....but that trend fits with your historical support of the various totalitarian regimes and terrorist organisations around the world.

Why don't you go and have a lie down eh? Rest your brain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you condone breaking international laws concerning the arrest and detention, international rendition and torture of UNCONVICTED detainees you are definitely as bad as the savage with the knife ready to behead.
You don't actually think that do you?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Big backlash in the states growing against this one sided, misguided report. They didn't even speak to one senior CIA official...!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Big backlash in the states growing against this one sided, misguided report. They didn't even speak to one senior CIA official...!

Edit:
Just looking at the report, they do comment as follows :-

Any links to substantiate that?The breadth of documentary material on which the Study relied and which the
Committee Study cites is unprecedented. While the Committee did not interview
CIA officials in the context of the Committee Study, it had access to and drew
from the interviews of numerous CIA officials conducted by the CIA's Inspector
General and the CIA Oral History program on subjects that lie at the heart of the
Committee Study, as well as past testimony to the Committee.

So, they might not have interviewed a senior CIA official but then would that be the same officials that with held evidence and destroyed video evidence.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If what they did makes one 'terrorist' think again then that's ok with me.

Couldn't this inspire radicalisation leading to far more people becoming terrorists as a consequence?, or if not that extreme, to develop anti-western values?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Couldn't this inspire far more to become terrorists as a consequence?, or if not that extreme, to develop anti-western values?

I heard a quote from a teenager - I think it was mentioned on John Oliver's show - about being afraid of sunny weather because clear skies mean drone strikes.

If living in fear of BLUE SKIES like that doesn't foster anti-western extremist attitudes then I don't know what will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here