Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has to go

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe GG doesn't like Sami and he was trying to put a nail in the coffin.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Maybe GG doesn't like Sami and he was trying to put a nail in the coffin.

I am not suggesting for one moment that this has happened here, but have often wondered how often this does happen? The player would see it as a blessed release for all at the club and convince himself that he is doing it for the fans. On another thread, I read from an NSC respondent that he almost wished that the Albion lost a particular game, and was rounded on by others, as this is the unthinkable. But it is the same point - if you think a manager needs changing, then why delay the inevitable, when a change is for the greater good. IF SH clings on with the odd win here or there, then the club might be in limbo until it is too late to avoid relegation.
On the other hand, I also recall reading the results of a survey which showed that after a change of manager, the team usually started well, and by the end of the season were no higher once the initial euphoria had died down, because of their limitations.
You decide!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hyppia is very much like you ........ Clueless!!

I should try looking in a mirror if I was you.

Hypia will be here for some time to come and the club should allow him to chose the players he wants based on scouting recommendations by the recruitment team. This may be the case with EB he listened to what they said and agreed to him signing but that is not how the Argus makes it appear.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
*Awaits a flaming* but the bloke is totally clueless. Play to your strengths (defending) why gift all opposing teams easy goals. Sorry but if he's the manager for the rest of the season we're guaranteed relegation. Get rid now please Bloom.

No flaming, but the flaw with the title of this thread is Sami doesn't have to go. Needs a more accurate thread title such as "I think Sami is clueless" or "I'd like Sami to go".

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He has to go, his tactics expose the central defenders leading them to make mistakes or they try to over compensate and do to much like Dunk in the second half yesterday.

He has been given light weight un proven championship signings but his tactics make everything even worse.

Howe changed his sides shape midway through the second half and from that point on we were beaten. When has Hypia ever changed a game??

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Our tactics made Greer attempt to header it back cleverly to Al Habsi and Dunk lunge in foolishly to block a shot that never came?
I wonder now whether i'd defend Hyypia to the hilt just to disagree with some of the critics and their general nonsense. With Benny Elliott on board and that skill and work ethic of yesterday, i reckon a corner might be turned. I don't like the position we're in, but i much prefer the football we're attempting to the unbearable dullness of last season that so many moaned over endlessly.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Our tactics made Greer attempt to header it back cleverly to Al Habsi and Dunk lunge in foolishly to block a shot that never came?
I wonder now whether i'd defend Hyypia to the hilt just to disagree with some of the critics and their general nonsense. With Benny Elliott on board and that skill and work ethic of yesterday, i reckon a corner might be turned. I don't like the position we're in, but i much prefer the football we're attempting to the unbearable dullness of last season that so many moaned over endlessly.

When tactics mean that you are exposed and that it all comes down to you that puts a lot of pressure on to you which = mistakes.

Football was boring last season but we had a better squad this season the football is ineffective, boring and the squad is much weaker.

Passing it about in midfield with no end product and tactics which leave you open and exposed are not fun to watch IMHO.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

You do realize bad tactics can make 'mistakes' much more frequent? Under Hyypia our defence pushes much further forward than it did under Oscar/Gus, this means that when teams attack us at pace/counter attack our defenders are more prone to panic and make rash decisions. We've gone from one of the best defensive records in the league to conceding, on average, a goal a game plus. Not the sign of a tactically adept manager.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
When tactics mean that you are exposed and that it all comes down to you that puts a lot of pressure on to you which = mistakes.

Football was boring last season but we had a better squad this season the football is ineffective, boring and the squad is much weaker.

Passing it about in midfield with no end product and tactics which leave you open and exposed are not fun to watch IMHO.

I think there is a lot in this. Greer and Dunk are constantly running toward their own goal, and also having to cover the fullbacks. They are more likely to make mistakes when they are under an increased level of pressure.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

I know I have edited your post but my point is are we going to put to much faith and hope in one player again. There is a reason that another Championship club, Norwich, cannot find a place for him in their match day squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I have edited your post but my point is are we going to put to much faith and hope in one player again. There is a reason that another Championship club, Norwich, cannot find a place for him in their match day squad.

Could be doesnt fit their style under the new manager. Buckley didnt fit in with SH but is now playing in the Premier, so it happens to players.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
You do realize bad tactics can make 'mistakes' much more frequent? Under Hyypia our defence pushes much further forward than it did under Oscar/Gus, this means that when teams attack us at pace/counter attack our defenders are more prone to panic and make rash decisions. We've gone from one of the best defensive records in the league to conceding, on average, a goal a game plus. Not the sign of a tactically adept manager.

I thought we lost Upson, Ward and the Koosh, causing us to be weaker and less settled at the back, replacing them with clearly defensively inferior players. Also, we are not that often under enormous pressure. The individual mistakes made by Greer in particular yesterday and Stockdale on a number of occasions aren't down to the tactics. They might be down to Hyypia's man-management and (in)ability to really get the best out of players and also down to the dreadfully late recruitment policy having a "team" thrown together at a final attempt with nothing but uncertainty and naivete about them. But i don't think yesterday's defeat was down to our tactics.

Chopping and changing and throwing people away without them being given a fair chance - which is beyond the beginning of November - is not a tactic i want taken by our owner and his underlings, just because a number of grumblers want someone's head at their first fall. I loved some of our smart football yesterday, for all the madness in defence, and for a while i'd rather we relished that rather than panic and scream.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Problem with our tactics is simply that we do not have the players capable of implementing them successfully. If you use wingbacks you need box to box midfield players to to counter breakaways and fast, mobile and flexible centre backs.
We don't have players like that, and to be honest very few teams apart from the elite do.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to have them, but with the present club philosophy it won't happen any time soon.
Although I don't want to go back to the bad old days, I am fed up with this FFP nonsense we get fed as excuses not to spend money. It is not aimed at us and will never be implemented to clubs like us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
*Awaits a flaming* but the bloke is totally clueless. Play to your strengths (defending) why gift all opposing teams easy goals. Sorry but if he's the manager for the rest of the season we're guaranteed relegation. Get rid now please Bloom.

*** me I'v missed something again was Sami playing in the back four yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here