Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy & Dunk’s incredible blocks....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just had a read of some of the West Ham boards. Most fans are on a rant about how shite they were and barely mentioning us.

But one or two shrewdies were saying they'd want both our centre backs. And its what a manager would think having watched that game, Bilic, whoever might replace him, or anyone watching on TV.

Bilic's problem is he spent (or some other word beginning with those first two letters) £20m+ on a CB in his 30s from a rival club.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Although these two are brilliant and are clearly two of our best players I feel that some posters are going a bit ott. I think I would swap Dunk and Duffy for Alderweireld and Sanchez who were sublime and only let one goal in away to Real Madrid!

Agree with this. That Sanchez looks like the best 20yo CB I've seen for so long that I can't think anyone to compare him with. And under Pochettino he's only likely to get better, as he's even better a defensive coach than Hughton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What is also noteworthy IMO is that on the very odd occasion one slips up or similar the other one is straight on the case backing them up.

As a pair they are very impressive and even more than the sum of their parts.

Agree, but here it's not just Dunk and Duffy, they've also formed a triumvirate with Ryan too, constantly covering for each other, fist-bumping and encouraging them along. Those three are also really developing an understanding of what each can (and can't) do.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From the BBC, on Spurs v Liverpool:

Manchester United and Liverpool have both conceded goals this weekend within seconds of the opposition keeper clearing downfield. Embarrassing isn't it?

Victor Lindelof and Dejan Lovren must have cost about £50m between them. How much for a defender who can head the ball away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here