Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Divock Origi

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Why would he come here? He knows that if he miscontrolls a pass or misses a chance in the first few minutes of his debut the fans will write him off and want his shipped out to non-league.
Maybe we would be more attractive as a club if the fans had some common sense, gave players time and supported them.

Exactly .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Klopp seems pretty definite he (Origi) is not gong anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything in football these days - could just be a bargaining position. Would be good to get him on loan, even half a season.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I seem to remember a Russian spy in James Bond called Dick Orgy.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Has the NSC recruitment team ever pulled of a signing? Gayle, Origi, Crouch being the latest targets that won't even get to an official rumour :lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I can't believe there are two people openly admitting they've never heard of him. What possesses someone to contribute to a football forum when they clearly don't follow football?

Origi is a quality player, probably the best of all the names I've seen suggested this summer. But I also don't think we've got a chance.

Maybe because this is a Brighton forum and they follow Brighton? I've never heard of him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If not Origi I'd still be delighted with Ings. Klopp doesn't deploy a traditional striker, he favours Firmino as part of an autonomous front 3. When he does need a striker he has Sturridge. Ings is quite far down the pecking order, if anyone is going on loan I'd expect it to be him.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If not Origi I'd still be delighted with Ings. Klopp doesn't deploy a traditional striker, he favours Firmino as part of an autonomous front 3. When he does need a striker he has Sturridge. Ings is quite far down the pecking order, if anyone is going on loan I'd expect it to be him.

I very much doubt Ings' ability to pass our stringent medical checks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe because this is a Brighton forum and they follow Brighton? I've never heard of him.

This. Until this year, the number of times I watched MOTD ove other last ten years was probably a total of ten times. I didn't have sky sports until this year (that changed as we were featured on it so much!) and I chose not to watch premier league football as I do not like the way football is going. I suspect there are plenty of us 'older' fans who share that disposition.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Klopp seems pretty definite he (Origi) is not gong anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything in football these days - could just be a bargaining position. Would be good to get him on loan, even half a season.

Klopp is open to loaning out Origi according to their local news site:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-divock-origi-future-13538428

With Mane, Firmino, Salah, Solanke, Sturridge, all now ahead of him, shirley it's inevitable.

Spurs interested, but hopefully they wouldn't allow Origi to go to a rival.

He'd be perfect for us.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Klopp is open to loaning out Origi according to their local news site:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-divock-origi-future-13538428

With Mane, Firmino, Salah, Solanke, Sturbridge, all now ahead of him, shirley it's inevitable.

Spurs interested, but hopefully they wouldn't allow Origi to go to a rival.

He'd be perfect for us.

I'd completely forgotten about Solanke, now he is a talented player. Origi is definitely surplus to requirements.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Weird that Liverpool Echo article doesn't get quote right - Klopp directly mentions Origi...From his post match news conference, direct quote was...

"That's a story that's nothing to talk about here. We will see what happens. If players come in, I think it makes sense that we think about what we do on the other side. If Divock is involved in this, I'm not sure - we will see".

There seems to be nothing actually linking us with Origi - but you do wonder if we've been in touch with Liverpool about Joe Gomez this summer, we may have been informed about Origi's availability. Would be absolutely perfect - but at the moment it's simply putting two and two together.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. Until this year, the number of times I watched MOTD ove other last ten years was probably a total of ten times. I didn't have sky sports until this year (that changed as we were featured on it so much!) and I chose not to watch premier league football as I do not like the way football is going. I suspect there are plenty of us 'older' fans who share that disposition.

Yep. [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and I regularly compare notes on the number of players we've never heard of which has even extended to England players.

That said, I had heard of Origi but I'm not sure I could have told you anything about him at all.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Vincent Janssen please plus one other on season loan.
Have you seen something in his ability that the rest of the world has missed? I know our recruitment team are getting a hard time at the moment, but let's not forget Spurs signed Sissoko and Jansen for about £50m (excluding wages) recently!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here