Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
We will still beat your average attendance too! You know we are a bigger club than you!

I couldn't give a monkeys toss about attendance's. Bigger club lol, yeah as shown by all your trophies and top division titles ��

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I couldn't give a monkeys toss about attendance's. Bigger club lol, yeah as shown by all your trophies and top division titles ��

I give a toss. Our support is bigger than yours. That's a fact.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed and I'm under no illusions that it's going to be a very tough season of adjusting next year. I'll be happy with 17th spot and a home win against Palace.

I'm well aware the Albion have told us there won't be a spending spree, wholesale changes or loads of players brought in.

But, I think the club realise the step up is massive, and cleverly playing down our transfer window expectations.

It wouldn't surprise me if we bought/borrowed 4 or 5 top flight level players this summer.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I don't think any real Albion fan is expecting an easy time of it next season, not many of us will be predicting a top eight finish, unlike some of your support were for you this season.

To be honest I'm just taking the piss, there have been those of you though who laugh at us but will see just how hard it is. To be fair if we didn't have Pardew i don't think a top 8 finish would have been that much of a stretch really, we are tweltvth position and have been absolutely suite for most of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest I'm just taking the piss, there have been those of you though who laugh at us but will see just how hard it is. To be fair if we didn't have Pardew i don't think a top 8 finish would have been that much of a stretch really, we are tweltvth position and have been absolutely suite for most of it.

There lies our hope, there are plenty of quite shite teams in the PL. we just have to be less shite than three of them. That'll do next season..for me anyway

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Palace are exactly the same, NEVER winning any real silverware and the nearly men in a cup final or two.

I have never said we were a big​ club, but i would argue that certainly in my lifetime we have been a bit better than Brighton. Forgive me for not counting attendance's, Newcastle have good attendance's and so do Sunderland, doesn't stop them getting relegated though does it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's because you are a Muppet, don't worry though if we get a shiny new stadium I'm sure we will see loads of returning fans :ffsparr:

Our plastics are on a waiting list' waiting to get in. You had 10,000 of them when you went up you muppet :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree with the absolute shite bit!

You are all blaming Pardew, but, he was your manager when the top 8 boasts were made, and, a vast majority of your support were crowing when the 'Absolute Palace Legend' agreed to leave Newcastle and move 'back home '

Your players also have a lot of fault on their consciences, for a year of totally crap results and performances. Still, most on here would like to thank you for a calendar year of almost complete ineptitude and some of the best comedy moments we've ever witnessed in football.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have never said we were a big​ club, but i would argue that certainly in my lifetime we have been a bit better than Brighton. Forgive me for not counting attendance's, Newcastle have good attendance's and so do Sunderland, doesn't stop them getting relegated though does it.

You've also had the luck of not having crooked owners stealing your ground, plus the odd Administration to wipe out huge debts.

Giving you a natural financial advantage to have better squads to operate in higher divisions over the last 20 years.

Perhaps, but no one on either side is going to admit it, the clubs going forward are of a similar size?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Got to love this revisionism. No doubt you'll find one or two fans saying that but there's post after post predicting survival and merely hoping for relegation. Palace are so jammy that it was inevitable but it's been so much fun watching you struggle whilst we were flying.

Jammy? And you were flying? Yes, you were but whilst playing in a league that is a world away from the top division.

And if you really, honestly, think that beating Chelsea & Liverpool away and sandwiching beating Arsenal at home in between is being jammy, then you really are deluded.

Honestly, can you see the current Brighton team getting anywhere near those results? Your truthful answer to that question shows how much work your club will need to do in the summer to get anywhere near one capable of surviving your first ever year in the Premier League.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I agree with the absolute shite bit!

You are all blaming Pardew, but, he was your manager when the top 8 boasts were made, and, a vast majority of your support were crowing when the 'Absolute Palace Legend' agreed to leave Newcastle and move 'back home '

Your players also have a lot of fault on their consciences, for a year of totally crap results and performances. Still, most on here would like to thank you for a calendar year of almost complete ineptitude and some of the best comedy moments we've ever witnessed in football.

A lot of our fans would have backed Pardew into division three (well two or whatever it's called this week). I above never liked him as i hate bigheads but was quite surprised at the start he made, then again he starts well everywhere until the megalomaniac comes out.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You've also had the luck of not having crooked owners stealing your ground, plus the odd Administration to wipe out huge debts.

Giving you a natural financial advantage to have better squads to operate in higher divisions over the last 20 years.

Perhaps, but no one on either side is going to admit it, the clubs going forward are of a similar size?

Shhh... That didn't happen...

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

To be honest i don't really care about size of clubs, attendance's and all that crap. You will see in August just how insignificant in the grand scheme of things we both are, my wish is that i might see us win a cup at some point.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Jammy? And you were flying? Yes, you were but whilst playing in a league that is a world away from the top division.

And if you really, honestly, think that beating Chelsea & Liverpool away and sandwiching beating Arsenal at home in between is being jammy, then you really are deluded.

Honestly, can you see the current Brighton team getting anywhere near those results? Your truthful answer to that question shows how much work your club will need to do in the summer to get anywhere near one capable of surviving your first ever year in the Premier League.

You finished as the 5th best team in the league when you went up.... If a cheating administration club like yours can do it, I fancy our chances!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

And if you really, honestly, think that beating Chelsea & Liverpool away and sandwiching beating Arsenal ay home in between is being jammy, then you really are deluded.

I agree you've had great run, last five or six games, but, as an Albion fan I prefer to remember, Swansea 5, Palace 4, Palace 0, Sunderland 4, and even Palace 1, Swansea 2.
And, of course, Pardews Wembley Waltz, and Jesse Lingards winner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here