Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong Bashing

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
but Arthur Arkwright was probably "shit" in the season following the Charity Shield win...

I had some chump ragger hoyden standing behind me one match that season giving it the whole: "You're a josser and a juggins Arkwright, you donkey waller! Why don't you bunk off!" You could tell that Arkwright was getting a trifle moithered by it all and it was threatening to become a big of a nasty jar until some enormous brick in a havelock and wearing size thirteen daisy roots took him to task, rendering the ragger completely mumchance, beetroot on the chops and he stopped wagging his pow altogether. 100 years later and nothing has changed and I still get these twats behind me at the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few players in recent years that have been subject to this singling out;

Murray - in his first spell, 'lazy Murray.'
Barnes
Bruno (we've probably all forgotten now but there were loads of people on here having a pop when Sami was manager.)
JFC
Gardener
Leon Best
Stockdale
Lingard
Wilson

Looks like it's Bong's turn right now and I do sort of get it. It took him a long time to get back anywhere near his best. The good thing for Bong as that list demonstrates, we are wrong as often as we are right.

Personally I don't think he's quite playing at the level he was pre-injury but equally I don't see many opposing LB's that I'd swap him for.

In my 40 years of support, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the list of players habitually booed is on a par, or maybe even longer, than those idolised.
Obviously the meh's would win by a landslide, which I guess is fair enough, considering that 'meh' would be a fairly good description for the Albion over most of that period.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
In my 40 years of support, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the list of players habitually booed is on a par, or maybe even longer, than those idolised.
Obviously the meh's would win by a landslide, which I guess is fair enough, considering that 'meh' would be a fairly good description for the Albion over most of that period.

What about of a list of players booed, then idolised?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Mmmm when did we last conced a goal from Bongs side?

Saturday?

The cross that led to the decisive corner.

I think Bong is doing very well and I have not seen a better left back this season. And that included the first half.

You didn't watch the Villa game then. Amavi was superb, both going forward at pace, and at containing Knockaert.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
John Crumplin... and?

He was poor and the Football Genius was I am sure said as a p......e. When Nobby was manager of Oxford I had breakfast with him at Oxford Moat House and he asked about BHA their next game and I said we had 2 full backs 1 cant run (Chapman) and the other cant tackle (Crumplin) we went on to lose 5 or 6 nil with the Oxford winger, cant remember his name, getting 3.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Saturday?

The cross that led to the decisive corner.

You didn't watch the Villa game then. Amavi was superb, both going forward at pace, and at containing Knockaert.

You didn't watch the Fulham game then. The decisive corner came from Sidwell conceding a free kick which lead to a Dunk misplaced headed clearance.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
You didn't watch the Fulham game then. The decisive corner came from Sidwell conceding a free kick which lead to a Dunk misplaced headed clearance.

That wasn't the question.

"When was the last time we conceded a goal from that side?"

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That wasn't the question.

"When was the last time we conceded a goal from that side?"

I repeat, the corner came from a central free kick floated to the opposite flank, headed back accross goal for Dunk to clear. Unless you are counting the corner/s themselves.

It's ok to be wrong.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I repeat, the corner came from a central free kick floated to the opposite flank, headed back accross goal for Dunk to clear. Unless you are counting the corner/s themselves.

It's ok to be wrong.

I'm regularly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here