Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

flying high

May 12, 2009
Harty speaks too much sense for NSC and sometimes gets near to the mark. I would suspect that he would have had more people tell him they agreed with his view at the game yesterday than disagree with him on NSC?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Are they the ones that the club are banned from?

Banned from? Have you learned nothing? The club tell us where we're going, what time we have to be home by, what subjects are acceptable for discussion over dinner, who sits next to who, and how many poppadums we can eat (David Burke orders the poppadums, probably from Aldi, to judge by the taste).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Harty speaks too much sense for NSC and sometimes gets near to the mark. I would suspect that he would have had more people tell him they agreed with his view at the game yesterday than disagree with him on NSC?
Not on this subject.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sorry to jump in, and I am not supporting one view or another here, but showing of the Mods area as proof that all was above board was negated somewhat by the posting of a humorous mock up of the mods area, which apart from providing a giggle, proved that Bozza could have done the same and made the Mods area look however he wanted it to, to us plebs.
I do not believe that was the case, but if I were suspicious that there are hidden agendas, I guess I would be suspicious of that proof.

Is the multitude of threads slagging off just about every aspect of the club over the last few weeks not proof enough on their own?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel a bit sorry for Harty. It was bad timing the thread turned up with a provocative title when he was at the races on his 50th getting wan*ered and no doubt if these 2 occurences had not happened at the same time we would not be having this conversation, albeit he did light the bluetouch paper with his article. Anyway if you know your BHAFC history you will know Harty is an A1 LEGEND. Time to draw a line and move on

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But that shouldn't make him immune from any crititism if warranted.

Have you never posted something you later regret when you have been pissed ? I know I have numerous times. He who casts the first stone

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I feel a bit sorry for Harty. It was bad timing the thread turned up with a provocative title when he was at the races on his 50th getting wan*ered and no doubt if these 2 occurences had not happened at the same time we would not be having this conversation, albeit he did light the bluetouch paper with his article. Anyway if you know your BHAFC history you will know Harty is an A1 LEGEND. Time to draw a line and move on

I've spoken to Ian this morning, he is in good form, apart from having to watch the match yesterday, the hangover from Friday is abating, and is still the cheeky chappy we all know and love.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've spoken to Ian this morning, he is in good form, apart from having to watch the match yesterday, the hangover from Friday is abating, and is still the cheeky chappy we all know and love.

Good to hear it El Pres. I just find the whole thing sad. Forgive and forget

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have you never posted something you later regret when you have been pissed ? I know I have numerous times. He who casts the first stone

I'm never pissed :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I wonder whether he will contact everyone in his mobile phone and apologise after the last time this happened.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Did he write the Herald article pissed, then? Because the accusation he made in that, is what we're still awaiting an apology for.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I haven't had any private meetings with any of them. Though I did briefly chat with Paul Barber before dinner as per Bozza's post above.

I'm pretty sure Barbs...sorry, I mean Paul...er...Mr Barber... didn't buy the drinks, which is pretty poor frankly, as normally when you're in somebody's pocket, a cheeky gin & tonic is the least one could expect. Rubbish.
Thou doth protest too much.......?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Harty has done more for this club than those who spend much of their lives posting 10k+ posts on a football forum.

The insults towards him on this thread are disgusting.

Obviously from those not around in the early 90's.

Regardless, he has only implied something, and something that does carry weight.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bozza had a meeting with the club around the time Poyet left / Poogate - and became a part of the clubs marketing and PR.

Barber would 100% seek to reign in the club's "unofficial forum" that holds thousands of members, including thousands of season ticket holders. This forum is "the media" for shaping fans opinions, a prize asset for the club's marketing needs.

Giraffe has admitted there are many emails between the club and this forum.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned. A message of libel/fear/paranoia/ blah blah is given as the reason.......but it's fair game on here when politicians or famous people are torn to shreds, theorised, and put in a negative light.

Whenever posts generally go against the board's decisions or strategy, a moderator or two seem to steam into the post and protect the clubs image.

Harty is bang on the money for me, but without proof, those addicted to NSC will defend where they spend much of their life, but if they knew they spent much of their life on a club PR tool, well, i'm sure it would create the ultimate binfest of binfests.

Just look how much venom has been spat trying to defend a softly implied accusation?

On this very thread, Bozza should clearly state all his meetings where Barber has been present, why they occured, and what was said.

I was there in the 1990s. Although not well I know Ian personally (have done since he was about 13) and he's a great bloke, the part he played during the War Years should never ever be forgotten.

However your post is complete bollocks from start to finish. Sorry.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is he not permitted to express a personal view in his article in the paper.

Of course he is. However, when one of his assertions ("...but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed....") has been proven by Bozza to be false, is it asking too much for him to print a retraction? Instead, what he has said is that he "..stands by..." his comments in the Herald. As [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] said, it is this statement that he has failed to address. His rant about Bozza, Paul Samrah and PB he has already apologised for.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Of course he is. However, when one of his assertions ("...but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed....") has been proven by Bozza to be false, is it asking too much for him to print a retraction? Instead, what he has said is that he "..stands by..." his comments in the Herald. As [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] said, it is this statement that he has failed to address. His rant about Bozza, Paul Samrah and PB he has already apologised for.

I'm not sure that's quite fair. When you look at the paragraphs he posted related to NSC virtually all of it is true in my opinion:

"It’s not as if the alarm bells didn’t start ringing with some supporters early on. And it’s clear that it’s polarised opinion on the legendary Albion internet forum, NorthStandChat."TRUE, NSC is always polarised!

"Fans who did express initial concerns were dismissed by another faction of the support in a graphic and uncomplimentary term – a barb which has come back to haunt its original authors in recent weeks." TRUE lots of posters who questioned what Barber said were shot down in flames, as is often the case on NSC, so what but undoubtedly TRUE

"In fact, the whole saga has almost appeared to split the support on NSC, which, is something, as both an Albion fan and someone who enjoys reading NSC, that is almost as worrying as the Albion’s form." TRUE as above

"I’m not for one minute suggesting that Paul Barber, or anyone else at the club is controlling or censoring the forum, but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed." TRUE one controversial thread was deleted. And TRUE Harty is not suggesting that NSC is being controlled by Barber. Hence his first sentence.

So which bit should he be apologising for fellow mods?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here