Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Hopefully, one of our signings should also be able to take a decent corner. Like last season (and many seasons before that) our corners were woeful last night. Is nobody capable of taking a corner and hitting it in at pace (and ideally beyond the first man?)? I wonder what actually happens at our shiny, new training ground?

Haven't you heard. Someone messed up the plans and all our pitches are like this.

football-rug-2.jpg

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I liked the quote

' "Overall I'm quite happy with what I saw on the pitch. We got the ball in the areas we want the ball to be but maybe in the last third we lacked the concentration, movement and lacked the quality in the final third to create more chances."

This looks spot on.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
New faces are needed urgently. I would say the squad is currently the weakest it has been since the season before we won the league 1 title in 2010/2011.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The ink on the cheque for ULLOA hasn't even dried yet

This is important and, I believe, encouraging information. I was assuming that the Ulloa dosh would be heading our way via some boring electronic transfer, but I am now imagining a signing ceremony along the lines of an international treaty with the Leicester chief executive wielding a fine gold-nibbed vintage fountain pen or perhaps even a quill. Marvellous scenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does everything have to be done NOW

Come the first of September we'll all know what creak the club is in, and whether we have a paddle or not.

We'll not lose the division in October.
We'll not be relegated by Christmas.

I'd love to know where all this negative certainty comes from, in July, 72 hours after a massive windfall.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
There is a food chain in the transfer market, we are higher up it than we were 5 years ago, but no where near the top. This means that we will always sell our best players (there are about half a dozen clubs that are not forced to globally and only Chelsea and Man City in this country).

Bloom is committed to long term stability, so we will spend less that get in transfer fees as the club otherwise makes a loss ( we still lost money last year!). I am sure that we will sign 3 permanently and have a couple of loans over the next 8 weeks, but we have to rely on young players coming through to bridge the gap. I would imagine at 2 of March, JFC and ince will improve and someone else (Fenelen or Walton?) will come through, and that trying to get good quality players on a reasonable salary takes time (and the threat of the window closing...)

In short we are a decent sized championship club capable of a bit of yo-yoing between the top 2 divisions, not a really big club that can just go and buy the talent that it wants.

This is not a lack of ambition, just a reality in a system that disproportionally distributes wealth to a minority of clubs and has many owners who are will to throw many millions at players and agents in the hope of short term and unsustainable success. Bloom seemingly is not prepared to do thiis, and personally do not blame him.

This strategy seems to be based on a 10/20 year plan; fine with me. If I wanted instant gratification of success I would not bothered supporting my home town and wandered round Churchill square in a man utd shirt on a Saturday afternoon rather than going to watch a game live...

We may not make the premier league this year, "because bloom isn't willing to pay for it" but I don't see why he should have to, or that it is in the club's (or fan's) long term interest to do so...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why does everything have to be done NOW

Come the first of September we'll all know what creak the club is in, and whether we have a paddle or not.

We'll not lose the division in October.
We'll not be relegated by Christmas.

I'd love to know where all this negative certainty comes from, in July, 72 hours after a massive windfall.

That's the way of NSC these days. Apart from the occasional snippets of wit and wisdom, there's so much doom and gloom.

I suggest Tony writes to the Football League now to resign and close the club to spare us all the pain of supporting such a hopeless club.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I liked the quote

' "Overall I'm quite happy with what I saw on the pitch. We got the ball in the areas we want the ball to be but maybe in the last third we lacked the concentration, movement and lacked the quality in the final third to create more chances."

This looks spot on.

Yes it looks spot on, but, this has been our problem since we moved to the Amex!

Woeful in front of goal when the limited opportunities arise.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Do you blame him? How the hell is a manager supposed to prepare for the season ahead with only half a squad of players? Yet another manager that's fallen victim to the bulls**t they call ambition.

Yet another Albion bed wetter to add to the list, I doubt the money for Ulloa has even hit the bank yet.

Isnt it just possible we have been waiting for that deal to happen before finalising deals or indeed going after better targets now we have more funds...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes it looks spot on, but, this has been our problem since we moved to the Amex!

Woeful in front of goal when the limited opportunities arise.

So woeful that the man responsible for making the most of those limited opportunities usually with his head has just been sold for 10m quid.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What worries me is how different this is to the last few years. I remember the last couple of summers us announcing all our new signings on July 1st, and how much better our squad was for it, the way our entire squad got a full preseason to get to know each other, and I think that's the reason we did as well as we have for the past few seasons.

I can't remember the last time the top six at the end of the season contained any team that had dropped points in the first two months of the season, or signed anyone after the season started. This really needs sorting.

I've already started looking up travel plans for how to get to Newport for the 2015/16 season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
New faces are needed urgently. I would say the squad is currently the weakest it has been since the season before we won the league 1 title in 2010/2011.

Not even close.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yet another Albion bed wetter to add to the list, I doubt the money for Ulloa has even hit the bank yet.

Isnt it just possible we have been waiting for that deal to happen before finalising deals or indeed going after better targets now we have more funds...

Waste of an insult that is, your better off using it on someone who might get upset about it.

What does concern me though is the fact the manager now seems no more than hopeful that we'll bring in some new players before the season starts.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So woeful that the man responsible for making the most of those limited opportunities usually with his head has just been sold for 10m quid.

Yes, woeful. Don't you remember game after game when we had one or maybe no attempts on goal? Last season and the season before etc! £10m? 16 goals? I think Leicester have had their trousers pulled down. Still it's money in the bank.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Sums up my views as well. One day, I'd like to see us leading from the front when it comes to signing good quality players rather than having to rely on loanees or has beens

What's wrong with a mix ?

Upson, Bridge, Ward, Lingard, KLL all loanees in recent seasons.

Who are the has beens we relied upon ?
Upson ? Bruno ?

Where do Stephens, Toko, Agustien, Ince, Walton - all recent signings - fit in this categorisation of our recruitment ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Several players seem to have turned us down in favour of signing for our rivals

Such as? And don't just spout nonsense - tell us name of players who have 'turned us down' this close season. Hearing an unsubstantiated rumour on NSC does not mean fact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here