Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statue at the amex?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dick Knight's not any sort of God but he was a bloke who stuffed a couple of million of his own fairly limited pounds into the club when no one else was coming forward and by ducking and diving and begging and scrounging kept the show on the road until the stadium permission was granted and Tony Bloom arrived to save the day so I guess some of us will find your attitude
unfathomably mean-spirited.

Dick did a great job but he was always the front man. His FD in business was the man who kept the plates spinning financially in the tough years at Gillingham and the Withdean, Bob Pinnock, the takeover investor oft forgotten.

But I would go for Wardy, at his high-stepping, audacious best, celebrating yet another goal.

PG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We wouldn't be where we are without Archer and Bellotti, therefore.........

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just stick with the legends wall. Too many potential statue candidates and somebody somewhere will always be miffed at who got omitted.

Ward, Mullery, Bamber, Storer, Gritt, Reinelt, Zamora, Knight, Bloom, Calderon...

I could go on and that's just my lifetime.

Crumplin!

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lawro with his busted arm would look great

ML.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Dick did a great job but he was always the front man. His FD in business was the man who kept the plates spinning financially in the tough years at Gillingham and the Withdean, Bob Pinnock, the takeover investor oft forgotten.

But I would go for Wardy, at his high-stepping, audacious best, celebrating yet another goal.

PG
I agree with your praise of Bob Pinnock. As some might not know, he was a quietly-spoken longtime colleague of Dick's, a local man who stood alongside him as he built up his ad agency. He was at DK's shoulder when he took on the Albion and as finance director worked wonders in helping get the club through the horrendously difficult Gillingham and Withdean years. Dick was more than just a front man - if it hadn't been for his leadership and money-raising and ability to get good people aboard then history would have been different - but the tireless support and expertise of quiet men like Bob Pinnock shouldn't be forgotten.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has anyone yet offered the "save on bronze and have a life-size statue of Tony Bloom" witticism...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here